Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson park hospital - rosey776
Dear all,

Could you tell me the following information?

Where were you living when you had a externship there? Did you have a car? There are high criminal reprot around these region. thank you a lot for your kind heart.
You don't have right information. It's not a bad location. There are so many students lives in the same area. I dont think so...I am also IMG...and live in the same area for last 5 year. You can live in Hyde Park Area..its 1-2 miles away...U can take Car or X28 bus.
Thank you very much,yourdoc! What is the price for renting a basic room there? How to buy a medical insurance as a externship? You are still in there, right?
You can rent anywhere in hydepark. studio is around 600-800 so u can share with someone from 350-400 in the area...if u want cheaper..there are many apartments on 31st street ....
Prairi Shores apartments.
We own an apartment building directly across the street from JPH and which is intended primarily for medical students/interns/residents etc. While it is a "tougher" neighborhood, the property has a video surveillance system and private patrol service. Rent also includes internet, heat and parking.
For more information email rdsilverstein or call 773/321-6699.
As one recent JPH resident said:
"it is really tough to downplay the benefit of just walking across the street and being home!!! Not having to drive and park, taking a "nap" at home after a hot good lunch, not having to travel 1hr each way like I hear other people doing, stores near by, reasonable pricing..."
JPH itself is allowing any more externships, only med students. They hook you up with some other hospitals in Chicago. So ask them where they are going to send you before u go for accomodation.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »