Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need guidance - hammadulislam
hello to everyone.i am using this site for the first time.i plan to apply for residency in 2011.the following are my credentialsConfusedtep1 221,step2ck 220 cs failed first time,and took again yesterday.i am planning to take step3 as well.i am an IMG 2006.I have only 1 US lor.there are a few gaps in my resume as well.i am a green card holder.i have heard its of some help.
i am intersrted in internal medicine and family medicine.i want to know which programs are community and doesnt sponsor visas.secondly with an attempt in cs,should i hope for getting a resdiency.i dont aim at big programs.i shall appreciate ur suggestions and criticism.
thank you
You will definitely find family medicine programs. IM is also possible. Aim at low profile programs which do not sponsor visas to eliminate competition from other visa requiring IMG's. Research all programs on FREIDA and ACGME to make your ow excel sheet of program information.
Vickey is right. First try to get good lors of externships or join good research position and get some publications. Meanwhile also try to pass step-3 with 95+ score.
the 2011 img friendly list will be available on my website. also i advice you to study the step 3 notes present for free on my website. send me email to get the links
applicantguide
applicant guide plz send me the links as well at hinaansari10
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »