Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
will i ever get match???m depressed - labana
hey guys i need ur advise..currently m working in a ped icu as a volunteer in continuing the education of the kids..it involves interacting wid the kids according to their age.smtimes may be just reading a story and smtime discussing bout science or anything wid the critically ill kids..i go for 3 hrs total in 3 days in a week.rest of the time i do a research in cardiology and attending a family med clinic...i have a low step 1 score and 90 on step 2..no attemt anywhere.2008 grad.need visa.i knw its hard for me to enter a residency..do u think this ped stuff m doing is anything gud becoz its nothing clinical...just need ur seriuos honest advise and plz dnt make any fun of me as m already broke..
I think, you are far better regading your grad year and no attempts and step2 ck score. So apply for more program. The things you are doing in ped icu though its not clinical but you can make connection and get some observership/externship at the end, it will help you to secure a residency.

I have a Q's for you, how did you manage that voluntary job, did you apply? And you're doing researcha nd also working in family medicine clinic so those all are part time, right?
GL
joya u can go to the different hospitals ,i talked wid the unit director n said that i like spending time wid kids gimme sm opportunity..i suggested this thing becoz i heard bout some children hospitals r keeping these things under continued education prog.they think that critical ill kids r isolated n they fel cutt off frm outer world ,so they shld be relaxed n also get educated so that wen they get discharged they could easily resume wid other kids in their school..joya now u can see wat will i explain to the pd if i get an iv..he will laugh at me..,
First of thank you. I didn't simply want to impress you. In USA whereever we go we need connection. I know a girl who worked on weekend in a church as a babysitter , nothing related to clinical not even closed to that, she didn't work anywhere nor had any LOR and got low score multiple attempts but she mathced at first place. No one knows hows think works and I have no personal exp, I am still working for that.
Connection does matter. There was a guy working voluntarily as translator in a children hospital. He was nice and a lot of people (including doctors and residents liked him). He was also an IMG but didn't apply for any residency. Knowing that he was a doctor from abroad, doctors and residents in that hospital encouraged him to apply for residency program there. They conveyed nice words about him to PD. And guess what? he ended up as resident there.

So, use your human relation skill...try making friends everywhere...who knows, may be one of them can change your destiny.
m soooooooo thankful to you joya and asurematch....i am feeling encouraged...thanx i was scared that ppl here will make fun of me...thanx guys..god bless u all..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »