Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if i get selected in sramble, what next? - doctor33
if i get selected in sramble, will the pd send me the contract or some letter so that i can stop applying to other programs??how reliable such letter?
my guess is pd will go through a number of applications, and start contacting several (most likely by phone) of them that he is interested in. After that phone screening, he will then invite some of them for visit and interview. And the lucky ones will be offered the positions.
@asurematch ,that means we can attend 1or 2 places maximum right.but people say programs fill with in few hours, how is that?
If you have a very competitive credentials, you could end up in more than one interviews.

About programs fill up quick, may be it is because PD already make up his mind or at least has ideas about whom he will call after getting tons of applications in a very short time. That doesn't mean that contract is already signed.
So is it important to stay in a city which is close to the east cost (where is the majority of programs) or just make no difference,..i mean in matter of be ready to attend any interview?
......i heard that some program directors prefer to contact some applicant who are already close to their location!!
Face to face interviews happen but they are exceptions. Typically a position is offered (or not) at the end of phone interview. You get a contract sent and are expected to fax back a signed copy within 30 min or so.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »