Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if I am NOT in US during scramble ??? - psych_lover
What if they cannot reach me on phone during the scramble ?
Will they call me on an Indian number or maybe they can mail me and ask me to call back on a certain number ( can be done in five minutes ) ?
Should I travel to and be in US for scramble ?
Bump...
Please...can somebody answer me ...
dear psych lover,
It just depends...some time they call you if u are near and in the same city. Some times if you are near and have visa issue they will not consider...it is just so variable and depends how the program wants to do it.
You have to see if you have finances to come back..u can but if not I would stay where I am and pray to God.
In the end you will match where your destiny is fixed by the Almighty.I believe we are just players and our strings are inhis hands.
But I dod not think they will call somebody with low crediatials if he is in city...they will rather call somebody who is more suitable and of course in U.S
The decision is yours.....
I had a friend who did not match and specifically went to N.Y for post match...but he did not get a single interview.
He had score in 90s and needed visa.
You know scramble is a rare chance any way.
Good luck and may God be with you....
Dear rippy,

I understand that u avoided saying it directly that theydon't recruit without a fone IV and also that they don't call people located out of US.
Please confirm as much...
dear Psych lover,

If you are so much worried about it and really want to make it...you should probably come. I know that chances are really low , but if I was in your place and had the money...which ofcourse I dont have...I would come and struggle and try.

And knowing that it might not work out......but again some people who are really really lucky AND Almight is with them...they match.
So it is up to you...their chances of calling in another country and waiting for you to come on interview after 1 week is highly unlikely.They have to fill position fast...they have a line of AMG and IMG waiting to grab the position.
Some even decide before hand if they donot match...whom they are going to contact.
So do not sweat on it...decision is yours...you know the financial situation the best...
take care and good luck
scramble is for gc/ citizen.... DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON IT... coming to US just for scarbble..... very very poor advise
psych_lover,

Do not mind them, please come to the USA the land flowing with miliki and honei......
There are no Physical Interviews on scramble day brother., just the phone ones.
So if you know for sure that they ain't gonna call to another country then I gotta make my move.
there are plenty good candidates during the scramble. So, why should a program make an international call if there are other qualified candidates who are in the same city or state.

So, i don't want to make a guess whether a program will call you or not. I just use a common sense.

probably just let us know later, whether you get a long distance call or not. It will help us inform other applicants for next year scramble.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »