Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many of u afraid of that? - skd
Hi all,

I am just curious and want to know that how many of us here in us really think that home country is really far better but cant go because you fear that friends and relatives might insult you considering you a failure getting residency? I mean you really want to go if somebody put you back through time machine at the point where you were doing your rotating clinical training or (internship in India as I am Indian ).How many of us really have some else reason to stay other than MONEY e.g excellent training, less workload than our countries,citizen wife ( ha ha ha )?

Just curious !!!!!!!
The question is what will you do after you go back? I do not have the patience to appear for home country exams now. Do I wish I was back to the time when I was an intern? Sometimes, but match will tell. I wouldn't be happier if I was stuck taking home country entrance exams. I am all set for going back after residency. Being in the US for quite some time now, I appreciate the value of being in my own country- it is home.
It is not the matter of fear, for me as my roots are in my home country I would go there sooner or later.
my home country is not for me at all. I cannot work or do anything in that atmosphere. And i believe to better serve my country i need to work out of my country, which is very important for me.

Taking home country exam was never an option for me. I was sure i need to be in US even before i got to med school. Residency in US will come this yr for sure, as if i like some system and work to get in to that, i will get that, bcaus i want that..

I have no fear going back. I don't feel embarrass if I don't match here. I have done my best for my given conditions and my life is mine, I am not gonna let anyone judge me. Besides if anyone want to criticized about, I already was offer a pm but I didn't take it as for my circumstance, i feel that the program is not for me. That's it

My mum always said life is like a computer game. You just have to play it. If anything you can do to be rewarded, do it. If you failed, you only have to start over again. Don't get to IN with the game.

Despite having said and think as above, I have to confessed that at this moment, getting match and reunited with my pet are what I most wanted. Because 1. I like this country it value people's work and labor. It's very well organized in many thing compared to where I came from. On my journey I have been helped by strangers. I am really impressed. I'd like to live and work here if possible. 2. My beloved pet need medical care which can't get in my home country. 3. My parents always want me to further study aboard if possible. I want to make them proud. But no pressure bcos, if I can't make it, they r still proud that I tried.

Finally, I hope you all have your dreams realized. If not, don't get to serious with it. Life is full of choice and possibility.

Here's my story...I did my PG after med school in India, then got married and came to US, studied for USMLE exams got certified. Now recently my husband got fired from his job ...due to the current economic conditions he is searching for new job but unfortunately no luck, anyhow now the situation is if I dont get matched we have to move back to our home land. I dont have any family left back home. I lost my Dad 6 years back and my Mom last year. My siblings are in US. Going back to India is not that bad as my husbands family is in India. just that I will miss my parents, my brother and sister more, as I grew up in India and have lots of memories to every part of the city we might move in. Shallow as it sounds I dont want to go back to India becoz I will end up missing my parents more in my country. I do miss my parents here in US every moment, but as my siblings are here i atleast have some family bonding here. But ultimately I dont have any option if I dont get matched or my husband finds a job soon. I am afraid to go back.
I didn't go to med school in my home country but i am not sure to be able to go back where i went to med school.I left to come here hoping to have a dream residency and now it is suck and can have a courage to go back.All of my classe matte are done with residency and i can't face my personnal failure.
http://thankyougodforresidency.blogspot....dency.html
It seems that everybody has really different and great stories. GL to all of you guys.
I sometimes feel that my friends have finished residency while I'm waiting for the match to begin residency. But I'm very happy with the choices I made. I'm proud of and very happy with my medical school training in my home country and I want to go back after I finish my residency and fellowship training. I have met people from my home country who have finished residency and are interviewing with me for a residency position in US b'coz they could not get the kind of training they wanted back home. Moreover, I know my training here will be invaluable when I go back home to practice.
I do not have any family here, but I have friends scattered across US. My husband is PGY-2 in IM and he has no family here either. We are lucky to be together and there for each other throughout this process. I hope to match with my husband's University so that we can be together. But, that may not happen and life in US is very lonely and unfun as compared to being at my home country with all my family, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings having a great time celebrating everyone's birthdays, anniversaries, festivals....... I have nothing of that here, no family support. But, it is a sacrifice that I chose for myself and wouldn't have done if I could truly get the same training in my home country as I will in US.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »