Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusing question from PD - cruciate22
I was asked during my interview at various programs if I have other IV invites from other programs too and if I can tell them which programs are those. Are there any pros and cons of disclosing this info to the PD who else is inviting my for the IV.
If someone can comment why the PDs were so keen to know where else am I invited for the interview. Were they trying to have a feel about where they should rank me in their ROL.
It's actually one of the malicious question that PD ask. They are not suppose to ask you this question, but I would say PD is not nice or the program shouldn't be looked very favorably if they ask you this question.

It's like you asking them: can you tell me the credentials of all the candidates you have interviewed? They shouldn't ask, but you can't do anything but try to mend away from giving them a direct answer (i guess).
yeah its really v uncomfortable when they ask such qs
and etically they shudnt ask ....let alone ask which specific programs!
anyways, sometimes they want to see how competetive the candidate is or where shud they rank him/her.
this is NRMP violation.
not really a violation....sometimes it's just conversation......they just want to know your caliber as an applicant...they want to assess if you are interviewing at other places also...and if so what tier of university hosp are you aiming for? but many a time it is just a conversation filler...stop overanalyzing it.....it's a violation only if a program asks you to reveal your rol to them......
They don't have the right at all to caliber you thru how many or where you are interviewing or how high you are ranking, review the NRMP rules please.
One of the purposes of the Matching Program is to allow both applicants and programs to make selection decisions on a uniform schedule and without coercion or undue or unwarranted pressure. Both applicants and programs may express their interest in each other; however, they shall not solicit verbal or written statements implying a commitment. Applicants shall at all times be free to keep confidential the names or identities of programs to which they have or may apply. In addition, it is a breach of the applicable Match Participation Agreement for:

(a) a program to request applicants to reveal ranking preferences; or

(b) an applicant or program to suggest or inform the other that placement on a rank order list is contingent upon submission of a verbal or written statement indicating ranking preferences; or

© a program to require applicants to reveal the names or identities of programs to which they have or may apply; or

(d) a program and an applicant in the Matching Program to make any verbal or written contract for appointment to a concurrent year residency or fellowship position prior to the release of the List of Unfilled Programs.
but, what if PD is asking this particular same Q, to all the candidates, one after the other, while interviewing them ???? I know one.
I know many who that. If you reported him, NRMP can withdraw his program from the match, so I advice you not to do that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »