Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confusing question from PD - cruciate22
I guess by asking such question, PDs were trying an easy way out in deciding where to rank the candidate in the ROL. But guess what, if someone just make up a list of programs in front of him, who is there to confirm it anyways. :-)
sorry for the typo, I was saying that I know many interviewers who ask the applicants such questions.
well if you make up the list too competitve then they won't rank you thinking that why would this person come to our program with such competitve list.

Then you can't make it too "cheapy", then they would think...who cares about this guy. I don't think he's competitive.

And if you tell them a huge list, then they will be like...he already has too many interviews. Maybe we shouldn't rank him that high

If you don't tell them lot of programs, then they will be like...maybe we made a mistake. Maybe he/she is not that competitive. Rank him/her low.

You can never win with this situation. It's better to be indirect. When i was asked this question. I just said I am interviewing all over (IL, FL, NY, Cali, Wyoming, NC, SC). I am all over the place. They understood that i don't want to tell them specific programs and they left it at that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »