Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sharing my best moment ( Jun 09), GL to all - bhavin
If popup blocker is enabled in your browser, you must disable it in order to use the Directory and other important features of the NRMP R3 System.

Match Results: Congratulations, you have matched!
Pgm Code: xxxx
Cardiovascuar disease/Clinical
xxxxx
congratulations!
plz share something more truthful & fruitful tips for forum members!! We need to knw secret behind pplâ„¢z success! credentials, background and how can we improve our application. plz dont mention of link&contact! i am sick and tired of it! I know ppl got in way nice univ fellowship s (2009) with pretttty low scores, old grad....not too much to be honored...but link made it for em! even ppl in this forum have got lots of ivs and prematches with low scores and attempts/old grad!!!!! it is utterly unfair! I hope something cud make it fair for all of us! I have no problem if someone has good scores and credit and use linkbut those who get in with low scores&attempts are corrupting the whole system!
Thanks in advance and gl to u.
I got in an outside institution , I had average scores when I applied for residency in 2006, got in mid- tier university prog. Fctors helped me getting ito fellowship:

1) strong letters ( I believe most improtant factor)
2) some research ( no publications, some poster presentations)
3) pd calling programs ( helped me getting a few ivs and eventually ended up in one of those places)

I have to say that doing residency in a good univ prog with research opp and well known faculty is a plus, however, you shall be able getting into ur desired fellowship from any program if you work hard, impress people, or sacrificing a year or 2 doing chief. Hope it helps!

GL for the match
thanx for sharing the tips bhavin in response to johns query~
so theres hope for fellowship from community progs eh?
I have friends who got into cards, hem-onc and GI from community hospitals ( all on visa) , you just have to bust your ass during residency and work hard
thanks for ur kind & honest advise! as u said well...link helped u to get in and it was 2006! now it is so ahrd...even contact dont help much!!

wht shud we do? ppl with NO link/contact?

yes...ppl from com hospitals gt in the best fellow....all we need is to get in! no problem for later on at all! i have frnds with way low scores and ZERO publication/research who made it! i am not sure about the contact though!!!? Sad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »