Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lychee.ease.lsoft or louvi.ease.lsoft - harry206
Hi frndz,

Check this interesting thread from other forum (I am not able to post the link here):
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"NRMP mailing lists-A listserv query

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was having this arguement with my friend yesterday about the new NRMP email that we got yesterday. According to me, this was a test mail sent to check whether everything is alrite with it.

If you look at the email headers, you can see that the mail originally was packaged by a listserv. According to me, they have two mailing lists for monday, one for matched and another for unmatched. While some of us have got our mail from louvi.ease.lsoft, others have got it from lychee.ease.lsoft. These are basically different IP addresses from where the mail has been sent..Last year, i went unmatched and i checked my mailing list and it was from louvi.ease.lsoft. This year, I got it from the same...and I am freaking out about it..

Anybody have any idea about this. My other theory is that it might just be alphabetical..but this is really freaking me out.. "
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Interesting observation. Very Neurotic but I like when people bring up interesting details. Mine is from lychee.ease.lsoft. Considering something like 97% of people are succesful in attaining a match through the NRMP, if your theory was correct the vast majority of people would have one header and a small minority the other. I doubt it means anything personally, but who knows. When I got into med school I found out a week earlier (well suspected anyhow) because of a similar change to only some peoples status on the school admission website (we pieced it together on SDN Tongue).

Also, since some applicants apply to both prelim and advanced programs, wouldn't you need 4 different listservs or all possibilities (didn't match, matched prelim only, matched advanced only, matched categorical/both)?
__ _ __ _ __ __ __ _ __ ___ ____ ____ ___
You have to go to your email header for that. Email headers are usually hidden. Uncovering it depends on the email client that you are using. In Microsoft Outlook you can get it by right clicking on the mail and going into message options.

In gmail, just next to reply button there is a drop down list and you have to click "Show Original" in that. Same sort of thing for yahoo too
_ _ __ __ ___ ___
Dear friend harry206 please dont pull the thread from other forums here, first of all most of people here do visit other forums also. It is good that people in this forum have not yet become soo paranoid about this topic as they have so many other things to worry here. Please, understand our state of mind.
One more conspiracy theory ...
I use gmail. tried, but none of the above two are there. its received from something else.
i think u r talking about the nrmp survey mail on 24th
This is bull shit !!! "Don't get in this trap" - was my point !!! wait till march 14th and we all will know our future !!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »