Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
legal issue about MD - alliswell
is it legal to write of MD in ur CV if u r ECFMG certified (but not in residency) ,
or in mail conversation
yes
You're an MD in your home country... that does not change whether you are ECFMG certified or not. ECFMG is not a degree, it is simply to certify that you passed the steps... that is all.
IF THE DEGREE IS mbbs back in ur country,then what s the point in ur medical life in us when u will be MD
I don,t think it's illegal....we are MD since when we graduated from medical school whether we practice or not ...we just don't have license to practice but we are MD.ECFMG certificate doesn't change anything only certifies we can enter PG training.Licensing is related to NBME and state boards and passing all steps...
as far as I know MD is a educational term not related to licsening.
But still don,t understand why ECFMG doesn't add MD to our names in certification???????
1. if your degree back home is mbbs, it is illegal to write md after your name
2. if your degree back home is md, you may continue to use that.
ecfmf certificate is not a degree/diploma. many indians/pakistanis (fraudulent by nature) continue to do that! but believe me guys, any indian/pakistani with MD in US after his/her name, I'll surely be after him/her and I'll get him/her into trouble. I promise you that. If you have done pg back home, then it's fine- you are authorized to use MD after your name!

(PS: I'll also make sure to let everybody know in the program about this thing. So that they become very suspicious about fraudulent by default setting subcontinent people writing Md after their name!)
I am MBBS from India, and my ECFMG certificte says my name followed by MD.
hey jeraa u paki taliban or filipino or chinese

let me clear ur views

MD = OR MEDICAL DOCTOR OR A TERMINAL DEGREE= MBBS IN COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES

DO . DOCTOR OF OSTEOPATHY

IF U EVALUATE UR DEGREE FROM WES OR WORLD EDUCATION SERVICES ,NY ,IF U HAVE MBBS U GET A EQUIVALENCY TO A MD , MD HERE IN USA MEAN MBBS AS ITS A BASIC DEGREE ,THEN U DO A POSTGRADUATION OR A RESIDENCY , WHICH IS MD IN COMMONWEALTH COUNTRIES BUT HERE IN USA IT REMAINS SAME , DID U GET IT U , TALIBAN

THE ECFMG , ERAS AND BOARD WERE ALL THERE BEFORE U WERE A EMBRYO, SO CHILL MAN TAKE SOME FIBERS

SO NOW SEE WHO IS A CRIMINAL HERE , JEERA PANI OR ALL IS WELL ,DONT FOOL PEOPLE U RETARD
arshia: MD in some countries is >= 7 yrs....while other countries study less=less courses and ther degree is not actually MD=>it is called something like mbbb or something...i am not sure, my Indian frnds told me so. that is why ppl are fightin here! and who the hell cares now!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »