Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My exam at Houston yesterday 3/11 - drstethoscope
i'm sure you'll make it, congrats in advance!
regarding Mam, Sir..i don't think you'll be paneled for it!!
did you face challenging cases in your exam?
thank you for the well written and inspiring post!
good luck
How long did i study? Hmmm technically only 1 month after I moved my exam from feb 18th to March 11th but in essence I have been studying off and on since Dec 09 but I have a full time job, 2 little kids and a full household then had a 2 week break b/c of a vacation so the simple answer is 1 month and detailed answer is I practiced cases from Jan 1st all the way to March 9th

Last 15 days was only FA and I am so glad I bought this book last minute. It helped me more than UW only because checklists are way more better and i loved the way it is written

@Toha I dont think that there will bbe penalty for sir or ma'am b/c that is considered respectful and I am just used to saying this b/c of my dealing with public all day on my job but thanks for reaffirming that it wont be penalized

I wont say they were challenging but 2 cases were a bit more disease exacerbation kind which needed more time than 15 min but i finished on time but i knew they needed more time and more focus than what 15 min can do, so I dont may be they would be test cases

All I can say is that FA and UW both or either one are enough as far as cases go, nothing hard or mind boggling about cases, you just need to practice your style and presence of mind for HPI so you can have 3-4 DD to ask questions about and do not mess up stuff that is same in every case like draping, knocking etc
Well Honestly I am so used to doing ROS that it didnt take me long to ask the whole body, here is what i did
HPI is usually only first 3-4 minutes including any associated symptoms with that kind of complaint and then I would say okay lets talk about a few other things just to be sure
and start asking from head down, if I had already covered a part in associated symptoms I would skip that but I did ask every thing, from bowel to urinary to body pains and aches, to tingling numbness, to sleep, diet, energy and mood, I had 7 minutes for HX practiced so I had trained myself that way with HPI and ROS I knew I always used to be done about 5-6 min at home so then I started PMH< FH> MED > ALL > Social > OB (in females except one where i forgot and shouldnt have forgotten) > sexual history almost in all cases other than pediatircs cases > I talked about stuff during hand washing too So most cases like I said at 5 min announcement I was at least in the examination part even if it was just starting the exam but honestly most cases I was already done with Heent or at least one system of exam by the time they said 5 min, other than one case where I ran out of time but even then I had told probably Dx and was discussing a few tests

HTH
hi friends, i need some help.CONFIRMATION NOTICE which we have to take to centre , is the one which we print out from ecfmg online services when we schedule our date. ..we do not receive it in our e-mail . am i right?? thanx
Yes you are right, print it off of your OASIS
thanx
YOu take two documents One is your scheduling permit from OASIS and other your confirmation notice from the same website when you schedule your exam. Both are printed off of ECFMG and then make sure you have your ID on you unexpired official ID, for me it was my Drivers lisc for many it is passport
thanks for your responce Smile
thanx a lot for sharing.. best of luck with ur result.. i am reading FA mainly.. is it enough? do i have to go through short cases as well? did u have any difficult pts? can we drape the pt as soon as we get in, while they are sitting? thanx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »