Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
##-- lessons learnt --## - carpe_diem
Read the usmleforum. Learn to bypass bad stuff and just look for useful info.
bump
I totally disagree with the statemnt on the ps- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT..
Now i agree that it might not fetch you an interview, but once you have secured an interview, the ps is your ticket to residency!
Just before each of my 17 interviews, i honestly believe that my interviewers read my personal statement, as there was information in there abt me that was written no where else in my application, that they chose to talk abt..
think abt it, whats the best way to guage a person if you are the interviewer? go over their ps just before they enter! which i believe was exactly what happened!
so put a lot of time and effort AND PERSONALITY into your ps!
MY suggestion..
btw- i matched at a top university program, im
99/99/pass
BUMP
nice thread. awesome. appreciated. this is why forum rocks.
yes, they do read your PS before the IV.

My suggestions:
make your PS as PERSONALIZED to the program you're applying to as possible. I can not emphasize this enough. If they read the name of their program and just one specific thing about the program, they'll know you took the time to write that PS just for their program and they'll remember you. Thakes time, but it pays off.

Ask inteligent questions (what would the challenges be for an applicant with my credentials)?
~~~~ BUMPING ~~~~

Just some more FYI for amateurs and reminders for the pros :-)
I have been through this long-drawn process; and believe it is fraught with many disappointments. It can even get to the point of being ridiculous - you might folks w/ similar profiles (sans contacts) getting calls from where you have been rejected even though you might have applied at around the same time. Shit happens!!

FOR ALL THOSE "is there any hope for me/ what are my chances" GUYS, DOES THIS EVEN MATTER NOW ?
What if someone says that you don't have a chance, are you NOT going to apply or CANCEL the IVs you got?!! You have invested too much time and money and efforts in this process -- you have to give the Match at least one shot. And if there are no options of getting a PG in you home country, then you just have to keep going (and you decide until when).
IT IS POINTLESS TO SEEK SOLACE FROM AN ANON FORUM -- you got through med school; surely you know better than this !!

BTW, I matched last year. Just took a couple of mins to wish you good luck. I can't seem to recognize any of the IDs -- guess all are new folks here.

TC and GL :-)
Thanks carpe_diem.
Bumpity bump.

Match gets more difficult by the years.
If interested in research positions, contact me at marriet2012. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.” Thanks.

P.S.
Users "marriot" (with an O not E), marriet2012, matissiti, aditi_patel, abba300, and marriet_is_a_scammer, you all are the same person, and you keep making new IDs. Your posts are funny, but you're deceiving users, making them think you're me. Please stop it. Thank you.

P.P.S.
@abba300, marriet2012, marriet_is_a_scammer, or whatever your next ID is going to be:
I don't care about you or what you post. I don't mind them, so please keep it up Smile Thanks for entertaining us Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »