Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Applicant guide old IMG not matched what now - nervousystem
Any kind soul.
2001 grad,scores 82/87/cs 2end attempt GC
4IVs did not match
I think I will never match next year I will be older grad
Keep in faith, pray too much, you will match, I have many with similar scores and graduation did it this year. on my website there are programs taking only GC holders in additon to other img friendly lists (right now im and fm are posted). go to google and search: applicantguide blogspot or img friendly
To applicantguide,

Is it worth to try applying to FM even if they have a strict graduation cut off? I'm also an old IMG, >10 yrs.
Thank u so much applicant guide...I had sent u an email n u were so kind to reply...We all really appreciate ur help....I am eagerly looking forward to ur other img friendly lists...Thank u again...I am very grateful...Smile
yes it is worth, but not in all specialties, forexample, it is impossible in radio or neurosurg, and difficult in IM, but I know some this year who were interviewing in FM and psych programs they don't match their criteria, I don't know where they matched yet as the match day is tom.
There are many factors that push the PDs to interview people who don't match their criteria:
1-while most imgs apply to one geographic area, other areas as the central and western area receive less applications
2-if you are doing or recently did residency in your home country this is a plus
3-if you have GC or Citizen this is a big plus (I witnessed this clearly in 2010 match), I am not encouraging you to marry a cit to get a GC but this is a FACT. ;-))
4-if you have connections of any type, make sure to use them (staff, residents, even nurses or hospital employee if you know).
Thank you.what are other suitable options available
Do u think MPH is better?
If MPH will give you access to clinical research jobs, do it, but I really don't have much info about MPH.
SEE THAT weblink

www. Imgusmleandresidency. blogspot. com (without spaces)
and anyway- (very useful link)- I wish that I had it earlier- even if I do not do medicine, at least I may do an MBA; BIG DEAL- with OBAMA care doctors in NYC (eg ST Vincent's) are taking 25-40% pay cuts and making $80-90 K ; less than RNs in some city hospitals!
Tachy_1000
can you please post the correct link.I had try that but most of the result are this forum.I will appreciate if you post the active link. thank you.
www.usmleforum.com

cut and paste into your browser
I JUST DID IT and it worked
1. If not paste it into google search and you'll get it
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »