Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having exam next week...! need advice plz - zees
My exam is next week.

During practice,
I am covering almost 80% of the questions in history taking
and am completing almost 80% of the physical examination, closure statement and the patients notes, when compared to First Aid

Is this a satisfactory performance before appearing in the exam?

thanks in advance
You have a week
Sit down for an hour and see what are you consistently missing on all cases. and write it down. Like I used to forget to ask hosp and surgeries and allergies so last 2 weeks I made sure I esp remembered to ask that in practice so guess what in exam I didnt forget any of those in any case other than only one case where i forgot to ask smoking so not bad for 1 case out of 12

My point is try to not miss PAMHUGSFOSS types questions b/c they are sure points b/c you will miss HPI and ROS questions on almost all cases so its best to not forget questions that are to be asked in all cases

Other than that every one forgets some case related, DD defining questions for sure

Dont sweat it, you will be fine just make sure this last week you do at least 5 cases every day and write 5-6 PN every night and time everything

GL
Thanks alot drstethoscope

As far as PAM HUGS FOSS is concerned, i am not missing a single question in this. I always miss some DD defining questions in HPI and ROS, which as you said, is natural.

After reading your post i am feeling more confident.

Thanks again for the advice
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »