Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@beesh - santhusen8
hello friend you have replied to my post previously , you said that it is easy to find pgy2 positions after one year of prelim im , and i can even apply for pgy1 once again , but i have doubt can we reapply for pgy1 as iam an img with j1 visa , so plz if you know about this plz respond and let me know
if you are asking if J1 visa transfer between hospitals is possible, Yes it is .

what I meant by PGY1 is Cat. IM.

You cant apply for PGY2 after finishing prelim. you finish prelim then you start PGY1 which means it takes one extra year to finish IM residency (total of 4 years) prelim+3cat=4
thats a good news if i can apply for pgy1 once again
and why cant we apply for pgy2 position i dont understand this , because wat i heard is we can only apply for pgy2 but not pgy1 once again because ecfmg and acgme wont support one more year of residency
hey buddy prelim is not considered PGY1 so you move up from prelim to PGY1 then PGY2 then PGY3, I know that some hospitals give you the chance to move up from prelim to PGY2 , which means that they consider the prelim is equal to PGY1 but those programs are very few.
thank you so much beesh for your info
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »