Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change 4m J1 research to J1 Clinical for residency - doctorpuneet
Hi Friends, I am currently working as a J1 research scholar from last 8 months and now since I have matched, I would be moving to a J1 clinical visa. could someone please help me with the procedure as how it works out.
1) I talked to ECFMG and they say that we can convert it to J1 clinical being in states as change of category. But this might take time from 4-5 months.
2) I can go back to my home country and use the new DS-2019, to request the visa again. This is doubtful as they might reject my visa and I might not be able to begin my residency.

Please if someone can throw some light on this, it would be really helpful.
Or anyone can refer me to a person who has done this, would be a big help.

PLease step up people, thanks in anticipation

my email id is puneet_snmc
if u r WORKING=$$ ==> u shud be able to pay a good attorney to take care of the stuffs! no one can help u here coz we dont knw details of ur business...neither is wise for u to share here! gl
Hi John,

I have no issues paying an attorney what it takes, it took me 2 years to get here and I really do not bother paying them but I should find the right person who has done this before. Can you suggest anything regarding this.

I would highly appreciate if someone can share their experiences or they can just email me and I can get back to them. I hope they understand my anxiety. I have been struggling to find the right advise.

I have tried contacting ECFMG several times and they would give me all technical details but things do not exactly work as they are on papers.

Please someone step up to my cause. I would highly appreciate.

Regards.
Hi friends, before more people approach me for my position, I would like to mention that my advisor has recruited a medical student of the same university to replace me so that I can teach him and at the same time he can stay here for longer time, not like me who is leaving in 7 months. Please cooperate, It is really difficult for me to write back to everyone. Thanks.
ok, all i want to say is now u must rush to get ur paper on time. programs aint gonna to wait for visa. a frnd of mine went thru a lot, coz spent lots of time here and there to ask around, finally paid to an attorney(like 500$) and got it. ...started the residency about 2-3 months late...was lucky coz program was about to kick him out. look around ur area for a good attorney...at ur school...or ask ur visa adviser on how to process. dont waste too much time. gl
Thanks John, could you please help me get in touch with that friend of yours. I hope he would be able to help me with this information. If you can email me on my email Id, I can provide you with my information and then we can talk. Thanks for your help john
they should change it as a piece of cake... no need to get back to your country... what the hell they are talking about?? 4-5 months!!!

2 months and everything should be ready....
Hey walktheline, please could you tell me how this is possible, I am really messed up Sad
they should take care of everything.... I mean ECFMG ...many people do it every year...
dont go back to your country... everything should work smoothly from here...

why did they tell you that it could take 4-5 months? may be this applies only for complicated cases...

did they mention how long is the usual time of transfer?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »