Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J1 research to clinical gather here ..........! - j1visa
@bradiapl720

did you include the "J1 material on ECFMG website" ( the one which has 2 coloums , the left one should be filled by you and the right one by the program) in the the whole package you sent to the ECFMG or you filled it and sent it to the GME to fill and sign and then they send it by themselves to the ECFMG?
Hi!
Dimo have you started your process how come if we haven't been contacted by GME yet.if you can explain me how to start as i am waiting for the contract letter than to start i didn't knew i should contact before.
Fortunately, my program was super quick, they had the contract ready monday following match week. I also got helped by the PC and PD for the letters and was able to submit it soon.
You need your contract before you apply, I would suggest you to have everything else ready such as letters and fees and push your program for contract. turn in your application as soon as you get your contract. Also notify your program that this delay in contract would effect your ability to join in time.
@ Dimo

and additionally for a preliminary posiotn you have to submit a letter from the applicant and the proposed PD about the understanding that you will progress to the advance position next year and finish within the ACGME required years.

What does this letter mean or indicate??
can some 1 help please
i did not receive this in the information email ??
Did you match for a one year position (preliminary), if yes you have submit these additional letters stating your plans for advanced position. I got this information from ECFMG.
Dear Dimo
thank u, but what do u mean plans for advance position ? Normally prelim go to apply cat next year right? Do u have an email mine is truemann77 at yahoo
what does the new program have to say . He said he never did this paper before and I don't know either
thank you again
People i am in trouble
The future program director, would write only that the candidate (me) will apply for a 5 year cat position and he is likely to be accepted

but he does not say that i will be taken to pgy2
ths statement the ECFMG asking for is very weird and no one can make such a commitment and i understand the PD stand that is why he took me as a prelim not cat
Hey guys
Do we need to get a statement of need from home country in order to convert j1 research to j1 clinical ?
@hussein , of course!
Did anyone hear back from ECFMG? any news? How long does this DoS petition really take?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »