Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When a Conflict exists!! UTD Vs Kaplan - somebody
I was reading in kaplan, and they say that no screening is required for Peutz Jeghers patients (nor they mention anything about their first degree relatives). i was suspicious, so i checked UpToDate and they say that screening (actually a battery of screeningS) should be performed.

what do we do in this case? i am so confused... what do i study for the exam in that case
No screening is needed in case of PJ cos the chances of malignacy is very slight. SO I blv 4 d exams we dont need to screen anyone if they come with PJ or family Hisdtory
you see, on UpToDate they say that screening IS necessary ....

thats my question, what would we do when we find a conflict between kaplan and uptodate
Up to date is more reliable than kaplan. mY opinion
there is also conflict abt Garner and turcot...kaplan says no screening while medical recall says scr similar to FAP as all three have adenomas.

Wht uptodate say abt these?
will check uptodate, give me a sec
it seems that UTD treats Turcot and gardner the same as it treats FAP, therefore screening should be performed.
here is a phrase that is written:
"Classic FAP almost always involves the rectosigmoid so that sigmoidoscopy alone is adequate but many pediatric gastroenterologists are screening with colonoscopy. For individuals with attenuated FAP, there is a predominance of right sided tumors; therefore full colonoscopy is recommended."

i am lost aaz, what should we do?
Dont worry ..i dont think that real exam has such kind of Qs..they are very straight.

Up to date is more reliable in all ways.I dont have it but i heard abt it
lets hope so ....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »