Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance of residency? - cardio80
Well i tried my best to get a 99 in step 2 ck but ended up with an 86 .. I am happy it could ve been worse ! I got a an 83 in step 1 which i am not at all happy with but can't do anything about it.. i will be giving CS soon. Planning to apply this september. I am an IMG 2008 graduate , US citizen, will also give step 3 by october. I have done 2 yr volunteer in kaiser hospital but that was in 2002, I am going to work for a private practitioner (will get 1 or 2 US LOR) .. Will apply for OBG, Peds, IM.. Any chance i will get anything? Pls advice
yeah,i think u have decent chances of getting a residency.. if not a double 99,your scores are not that bad either.. Keep in mind that not all residents in U.S are double 99ers..try for USCE/Step 3,work on your interviwing skills to improve your chances further..and above all keep faith in yourslelf and keep faith in God .. You can surely do that.. God bless u..Good luck
U ve great chances to get into IM,ObGyn n def peads.
My prayers are for u.Keep us in urs tooSmile
hello guys i was a silient participant at this forum. i took my exams on the 24th march and got my score today which i failed. i had 181/74. i did everything that i can do. i read MTb and crush about 3 times each. i did UW about 3 and half times. i have done all the NBMEs online and offline. Now i really dont know what i did wrong but i was weak in OB/GYN especially the OB part. GYN was really good. my diagnosis and management wasnt good either as well as surgery. what do i do now. I plan on taking the exams again in June 8 and take cs on June 29th. Any advice. Im planning on doing UW again because i just signed up for it and reading the OB/GYN part in Kaplan and watching the video at the same time. i also plan to read the MTB again. im doing electives now and my schedule is 9-5pm. im plan on practising cs with a friend for any hour then come home and use the rest of the time left to study for ck which is my priority now. Do you guys think i have a shot in residency in IM. Im USA citizen and foreign to be soon graduate in November. My step 1 score was 191/78. please any advice is welcome because im crushed right now.
don't get devastated.Do USCE.I cant reassure u of IM,but u will match.Everyone is born with their own destiny n fate which is , of course , different than the others.so don't think that u fail and u wont match as other wudn ve matched ,with failure in their record.Miracles happen in ppl's life.It can happen in urs too.I am not trying to say dat only miracle can get u in.All I want to say is to have faith in God.
Try to get a few LORS from US Hospitals.Make ur personal statement look good.
This is the most imp time of ur life to pass CK with flying colours , so pay attention to it.U've a good chance to score good now.Donot overwhelm urself with CK result.U need to forget it to move on.u've stuff to do ahead.
Surgery n Obs r the high yield subjects of CK.Read em good.Do IM esp the diagnosis n the management part real good.
acyclovir99 : Thanks for the encouragement !

alphazulu: Don't give up ... Do well, try to get USCE. Get a high score so that u can show them that u can perform ...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »