Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
---Result: 04-21-10--- - meti
@ dhawani, I have a confusion my uwa was 480/213, Do they change the test because for you it was 460/216?

Thank god USMLE is done.
uw q bank my score around 60, how many times only 1
kap q bank score No time to do it I think UW is enough
nbme ,hw long before of exam I did not do it, I didn™t even practice the USMLE CD pre-test
My real score It is 81/199
ques concept covers mainly -------------- uw and Kaplan, the reason I am mentioning Kaplan is because I attended a Live lecture, and then just studied for only 3 months, during this time I just read Dr Fischer™s book and UW QBank (That is all I did).
The Live lectures are excellent, because you don™t need to read again and again the Kaplan Notes.
But IT IS A MUST to practice UW CCS. I Practiced CCS from the 5 cases of USMLE-Website and I did only once the 50 cases from UW (Excellent tool, you have to master all the tricks and shortcuts) But it takes no more than 1 week to do it. In my case I just needed to pass because I pre-matched at that time for Pathology.

First day: It is the hardest but there will be straightforward questions, sometimes if there was a large paragraph I just read the final sentence with the intended question, the I went back to the beginning to look for the answer that may match with the options below, otherwise I couldn't have finished all my block™s questions. Just think this is going to be the last time and don™t think about next day.
2nd day: I think the Qs were œeasier, and shorter maybe it is me? Then, CCS is just a mechanical (in this case computerized) game where you recognize the Diff Dx (I wrote down 3 possible for each case) and the job is to look for the Exams and initial TX to match one of them. Not difficult cases, because ALWAYS one of the tests (Lab, imaging, ultrasound, etc) will give you the DX.

Good luck for everybody, and keep up the good work!
luzca, congrats can you tell me your performance on CCS part, i mean it is borderline ot high?

thanks
hiii all...very very thanx to meti.....

uw q bank ...........55%
nbme....3 weeks before exam....380
uwa 1 week before the exam......90/215
cd score..........................76%,73%69%
real score...................................83/201
rte nw enjoying.will post complete details later.....bye bye usmle.......
uw q bank - 72, 3x
kaplan q bank- 61, once
did not take nbme
uwa- 209
did not practice cd
real score- 81/199

review materials: kaplan notes (2x), mtb(1x), uw, uw ccs mainly....

thanks to meti and to all forum members, bye to usmle forever...all for the glory of God...

Goodluck to all who will take the exam, be confident, i know you can also make it with flying colors, try to stick to few materials and master them, you will be fine.

congratulations to
luzca35 ,
goljanthegenius,
hopeful07,

it's not easy.

it's a great relieve.
thanks for sharing.
enjoy.
Thanks suicidalidea, my performance was high in CCS, the lowest continuing care, in-pat facilities, and old patient care. Kind of expecting it!
Thanks and good luck
Hi meti

No I did not try UW or kaplan. All I did I subscribed to UW CCS to be familarize with the software and use my back ground. I had no time and just needed passing score for H1b visa. When is your exam?
Hi Meti

No i did not do any practice questions before the exam. Only familairze my self with CCS software. I had not time and used my back ground. I sat for the exam purly to pass and be able to secure H1b visa. when is your exam?
great link
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »