Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 match PSYCHIATRY applicants gather here - applicantguide
GL to all of you guys. Wish you the best.
hi ,I am a psychiatrist in my country and apply only for psychiatry residency in the match.
i will be happy to know about the interview.
my e-mail Confusedhjalalian
good luck
Hi Applicantguide.

I think I randomly found your blogspot a few months ago and have been using it as my bible to find any places to undertake an elective at.

Unfortunately a lot of the places on there accept IMGs for residency but not for electives.

Although I might be a little bit early for residency I just want to ask some questions about sorting my electives.

I have a 236 on Step 1 and am aiming for a 99 on the Step 2. Am from a Caribbean school and am currently doing my cores in a hospital in the UK. I am hoping to do 4 electives in the states with one of them being in psychiatry. The other three will be in IM or Paeds.

Would it be worthwhile doing a Sub-i in anything? Even though I am a little scared about not having had any experience in the States. I was thinking of just doing a couple of relatively easy IM electives to get me used to the American system then jump straight into a sub-i in either psych or IM.

Could you recommend any IMG friendly places that I could do a elective at?

Would it be a good idea to do my electives during the interview period (say for example Aug-Nov)?

My only fear is that I am a UK citizen and it will hinder my residency due to visa issues.

Regards

S

you can do electives/observerships in both IM and Psyc then get LORs to improve yor chances for residency
this is a list which will be expanding soon:

http://observerships.applicantguide.com/
my credentials
step1 91
step2 84
cs passed attempt2
2005 grad
i am an indian immigrant
no clinical experience
visa status is H4.
pls very worried altough my career interest was pediatrics
feel i cannot match .so will apply for 2011 match in psychiatry?
what are my chances to get match in psychiatry frds???????
pls share your opinion frds will be great help .(hav no frds or relative to get an opinion)
so pls open feedbacks......pls......
hello dosto,

How are you fellas? Match is coming up and people are heating up.
Any specific suggestions please post to this thread.

@ targethigh -, please first assess "if you love Psych" Ask this question to yourself, because Psych programs look for your genuine interest.
Its Ok if you develop an interest in Psych later in your Med. Career, but make sure you have a genuine interest in the field, its not an escape since you are not hopeful in Paeds. Hope this helps.
pls my email is kenkeval
Hi applicantguide. Do you know any psych programs that do not participate in eras and have their own application system.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »