Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 match PSYCHIATRY applicants gather here - applicantguide
hi, sure you have to mention them, first you have to fill the aps, second the psych PDs will like your research abilities.
Thanks applicantguide.

I was recommended that I should write only 1 or 2 IM abstracts in CAF (instaead of 5).
What is your advice friends.

write them all, but don't make them show very wide in your personal statment which should be more throwing light over your psychiatry interest.
Thanks again applicantguide.
I will follow your advice.

hi...keep this thread alive
applicantguide here's a dilemma. I am 88/93/CS/86 all on first attempt MPH Epidemiology from a reputed uni and applied twice but failed to match in medicine. I like psych but haven't decided whether to apply this year or not. visa needed. I don't mind J1 as long as I am getting good training. Now the problem is I have some months of IM observerships and American IM letters but no US psych letters or Psych observership. I wanted to apply this year to psych just to have a shot at the branch but i am not sure whether I am committing a mistake by applying to psych without any USCE in the branch to speak of. I am interested in Patho too. My query to you is, with what I have in store would it be wise to apply for psych or to go for pathology? Any help appreciated.
Btw, applicantguide, awesome lists on your blogspot. Thanks for providing them free as a social project and not whoring it out for squeezing the last img buck on the market. Thanks for all the help!
applicanguide? Are you there?
HI IS IT POSSIBLE TO MATCH INTO A PSYCH PROGRAM WITHOUT USCE OR EXTERNSHIP?pls REPLY
my creds-- 9 yr gradn date ,need visa,no USCE yet,step1 mid 80s,cs passed,doing MO job in India...
Ck in was in Aug...but thinking of postponing ck to OCt end due to low UW scores...

is it possible and worthwhile to apply this yr psych or FM match or i shud apply next yr.My CK results will be availble by mid NOV...

are LORs needed on 1st sept or can i upload LORs by mid Nov(when my ck result will b avlbl)?

god bless u for helping people....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »