Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 match PSYCHIATRY applicants gather here - applicantguide
@ the awesome vacant_planets2000 thnx, yes you can apply without USCE, try to arrange create some back home psych experience (especially volunteering...)get some LORs from psychs you know. pathology don't need any experience, apply widely.
you may try FM which i think it is eay for you to get.

@revelation yes it is possible, apply widely

@fight 4 dream
i answered your answer in another post but i just want to tell you that if your LORs were not with the PDs by 1st sept, don't waste your money, apply next year. many people got no interviews inspite of good scores last year because they applied late.

goodluck
AG

@Applicant guide...What is up, dude? U r doing great work here.
My CV looks like this: 94/75/pass/81 All first attempt, 2006 grad, 1 year of USCE(IM,primary care and surgery) need visa. I have only one psych LOR from a rotation during internship at my home country.
I know there is nothing in my application to show commitment towards psych, but I really like it and wanna go for it.in ur opinion, what do u recommend to increase my chances?
@egyusmler
you should be fine. you may volunteer in any psych department around you, although not necessary.
vacant_planets2000
why dont u apply in community medicine as i knw with mph u have to do only 2 year resideny,3rd year is waived.
HI There,
I am old grade with 99/99/pass/95 [ 1st attempt]..planing to apply for psyh residency along with FM/IM, I am a canadian citizen, now residing in Toronto, one US IM LOR, doing observership in psyh in a teaching hospital, looking for some more observership, preferably in Psych and IM...1997 grad..last year applied 125 programs without US LOR and Step3... got 2 IVs [both with link]...

1] What's my chance this year...?
2] Any suggestion regarding CV and PS edited my professional service?

Good luck to all.

doc64970
Hi

I'm doing externship for last 3 months and it'll continue for another 3 months. I have 77/86/cs(2nd)/80 scores. Research experiences, US Citizen. 2001 Graduate.

Do you think doing externship in a structured program can help me to get enough interview?

Thanks in advance.
Future Psychiatrists,

I would love to say hello for every one here. I was reading the posts in this forum silently and just added up myself to be active here.

Well, I am preparing for step 3 right now.
Last year I was not matched even though I had four psych interviews.
Working in Psych Research for almost an year now (Paid Position)...on H1 B...finished a Masterd degree as well...
Future Psychiatrists,

I would love to say hello for every one here. I was reading the posts in this forum silently and just added up myself to be active here.

Well, I am preparing for step 3 right now.
Last year I was not matched even though I had four psych interviews.
Working in Psych Research for almost an year now (Paid Position)...on H1 B...finished a Masters degree as well...
@appkicant guide..suggestion please
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »