Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABSITE Exam for Surgery Preliminary - csexaminee01
Does anybody know if surgery preliminary interns need to pass the ABSITE exam?
Yes they do, even the prelim ones. This is one of your chances when you can prove something ! When you go all over the country later with a fail in the Absite , it will definitely work against you..
On the other hand, if you are in a designated prelim and you have a position in next year (anesth,radio etc) then its not important...
@9811734044
Thank you so much for your response. Do you know when is the exam?? and also what are the references to study for that?

Thanks
Anytime ! Its on the last sunday of January each ear. The Absite book by Micheal Fischer and the Absite killer are the books most useful for Junior (PGY 1 and PGY2 ) Absite and focus mainly on basic sciences, the senior absite is more towards clinical stuff. Do the Fischer well and you are all set for a 99 or sthg like it, some qs repeat too....plenty from fluid electrolytes, inflammation and wound healing, surgical nutrition, infections, post op complications etc, its all there in the book.....Good Luck....
@9811734044
Thank you so much. You are very informative. I tried to search the books in amazon. I found a couple ABSIT books ( written by steven M Fischer) but I don't know which one I should get. Also I could not find the aABITE killer. May I have your email so I can ask specifically before purchasing of those books.
I really appreciate your help.

My email is: nn.mm11@yahoo.om
The problem is the results of this test are out after the match, I.e u already got a place or u r in the street anyway. I don't mean not to prep for the exam but be cool and don't sweat it , it will not make any difference
@ CSexaminee
Absite killer is kinda difficult...
But ABSITE question bank has 0ver 500 Qs and many appl find it very helpful, questions do repeat...
Asap is right, if you are an IMG needing visa, then your stellar scores, letters, experience , none of these will likely count, a categorical place is almost impossible to come by for an IMG with whatever you might have in your arsenal....
Asap is also right in that you should be cool about it, its an easy exam...and if you are in a categorical position, dont sweat much as the PD will bitch about the low scores, but only very very rarely does one not get promoted because of low/fail scores but they will keep threatening you with it all the same....
But if you are an IMG with visa requiremets, then out of all the one million things that are "supposed " to work, well, this is one of those things!
Glad to be of any help to you! Check your mail
how many years of gen surg prelim for IMG??? Just 1 or 2 years?? do you get low pay??

actual residency is 4 years right???

Is it very hard for IMGs to get Plastic surg??
What exactly is the ABSITE Killer? is it a book? or a document of some sort?
@reddevil: 20 or 40 page paperback
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »