Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July-August-SEPT Group - fight4dream
@advil 2011 I haven't read kaplan and started uworld directly because I want to take the exam in july. I have done around 400qs till date. Initially I scored below average i.e. if the average score was around 58% I used to get 50%. later I started getting above average scores and today I got 80%. But I think it depends on the block.
@advil2011 todays score was after I did the block in tutor mode. So I think as the concepts start getting repeated you will start scoring high. Good luck to you!!
I am taking the exam in 3 weeks, but very dissapointed with nbme, first took nbme2 got 340, then after 2 weeks took uwsa, got 340 again. I am a bad test taker, sometime I just dont pay attention to what they are saying, and make mistake by overlooking one small point, and many times I am really slow stay stuck in one question, and cant complete any block , even in nbmes and uwsa, I couldnt complete 4/5 questions in each block.

Anyway, I want advice from you guys, what should I do now. I never read MTB or FA and not going to read kaplan book again. I read uw note, but in kaplan, they said passive reading is not helpful. If I do half of uw for the third time in 2 weeks, will it help? or what should I do? How can I study effectively to get a great score?

GL to all of you!
@candothis7,
thanks a lot for your note. I hope, I`ll start scoring higher gradually.
Good luck to you too!!!

@immuno,
if you have clear understanding of your concepts and your only problem is just to grasp the question in a timely manner, why don`t you practice solving more mcqs.

That`s good that you recognize your problem, so you can start working on it. Nobody is born with mcq solving ability, it comes after hard work.
Good luck to you!
Thanks advil for your kind answer. I am still not sure if that is my only problem or I have bigger problem. Anyway, I would like to think positive. Everything will be fine! Good luck to everyone!
So i figured out my weak point is really remembering the stuff. I have done it so many times, but because i've done it so many time i've been lax about 'knowing' the stuff, because i think i know... but obviously if im not scoring well I DONT! so what im doing now is i over the material and ask myself if i need more of an explanation, then i go to FA for step 1 and see what they say usually it helps me understand the whole mechanism of the disease better and therefore it sticks. now two days later when i do a differnt chapter the info might not still be there, so im doing a review day every two or three days. so far its helping me a lot, so the information is not short term its more long term now.

G'luck everyone! oh and definitely taking like a half day break re-builds motivation and stamina. def schedule that in!
doing girl-inerrupted notes
Hi Frnds,
My exam is in 31st of August.people who have exam in 1month.....

Let's gather here to:
(a) discuss your strategy for step 1
(b) Update your prepration 2-3 days/week till your exam.
© Motivate each other (Most important).
(d) Share important facts/confusion
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »