Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Micro..ridiculously complex !!!!!!!!! - drock
A 15-year-old boy presents to the physician with severe pain and tenderness in his femurs. He has had no recent history of trauma, and his past medical history is significant for a gallstone diagnosed 1 year ago. On examination the physician notes a pale boy with a surgical scar on the left upper quadrant of his abdomen. The middle digit on the boy's left hand appears noticeably shortened compared to the length of his other digits. The boy™s hemoglobin level is 8 g/dL.
If, in the future, this patient develops fever, chills, cough, and pleuritic chest pain, which of the following organisms is the most likely causative agent?

A. Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
B. Pseudomonus aeruginosa.
C. RSV.
D. Salmonella.
E. Strep. pneumoniae
DD
sickle cell anemia.. so it should b strp pnemonae
salmonella in kids , and strep pnuem. in adults , i think .
EEE..

Autosplenectomy due to Sickle cell disease. Later he'll suffer from infections with encapsulated organisms.
but even salmonella is encapsulated. ?? aint it .
osteomylitis in children is due to salmonella ...
The q is about what will be the cause for a pneumonia in a sickle cell pt with asplenia--so encapsulated orgs- Strep pneumonia
Salmonella mainly can cause osteomyelitis in Sickle cell disease
why am i in such a hurry when i'm reading the ques ?????
is it night time fr drock .... we need answers pls ..
Yes the answer is E. Strep pneumoniae, as the boy is suffering sickle cell anemia. Autosplenectomy patient got catch by encapsulated organisms....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »