Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stipend for the residency orientation - huhhuh
Hi guys, My IM residency orientation starts from Jun 23. In my program they are not paying for the orientation? DO anyone get paid for your residency orientation? TIA
Yea I'm getting paid for orientation. We had to sign a separate contract for that different from the one for PGY-1 year contract. We'll be paid for it by July first.
I am not given any contarct for orientation except main contarct what does not include orientation. Orientation stipend specific to program or all will give you stipend?
@ doomestic : dude, wow u r gettin paid for orientation ! thas something unheard of.. btw which prog is it ?

as far as i know, we dont get paid for orientation..!
Everyone should usually get paid for the orientation,that is a HR Policy of the hospitals,but now with the econoy ,maybe they cut it..
J
Thanks for your responses. Hi domestic, what is that separate contract?! My visa starts only from July 1st like everyone...then how is it possible for the program to pay for orientation when you are not at all employed by them during that orientation period, isn't illegal? if we sign a separate contract, do we have to get a separate visa for that period which will allow them legally to pay us....how the system works in ur program!?? TIA.
Yea I am also getting paid for the orientation. Well , the pay for the orientation will be according to Last Years PGY1 conttract base and from July 1' 2010 the new pay scale will be ineffect .
Bt they are paying for 3 days of Hospital orientation only not paying for the 6 dys of Program Orientation
Me too... Am also gettin paid but no separate contract or anything for thatSmile
@huhhuh

Yea it is legal. As long as you are in the US on an approved J1 visa, you are allowed to receive a stipend from your program sponsor. The situation is exactly like psychresid10 explained, but am not exactly sure how many days they are going to pay for us.
yea I'm like freakofmeds and psychresid10
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »