Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FOR IMG's WHO MATCHED - amer_nass
What were your scores in the USMLE's and any other info. Also what residency did you match with those scores.
THANKS ALOT
@amer_nass................y r u asking this type of que? nobody gonna ans this....b coz they all got wht they were looking for....m in same boat like u.....!!!
amer_nass, well i matched into IM at a university program, scores in 90's step1 and 2 , CS passed all in one attempt am i am a us citizen, FMG. It's not about scores only , they look at the whole package, gl
thanks man....i think no one will ans....thanks again n ur exceptional.....
@amer
can understand your curiosity, may be I can behelpful to you and others in same boat like u.
I matched into IM in a Univ-affl program in CT, 5th in my ROL .This is my first match attempt.IMG needing H1 B visa, 97,99, pass. 12 months obsi/extn,2007 grad. Could get 27 IM calls though I did not have STEP3 till 28 apr,2010.

Just beleive in yourself and stay focussed.Just try to convince PD in IV if you have holes in your CV. (Like I convinced why I could not have STEP 3 )
drcatch22, lol, you have such a strong application you certainly didnt need to explain why you didnt have your step 3. there was no hole in your app!! Smile with score like yours, PDs are confident enough that step 3 will be a breeze for you. more than 50% imgs give their step 3 after finishing their interview, and all of amgs. so step 3 is not a big deal in interview performance- of course if you have it, you will get more calls, but not many will ask you about it in interview.

btw seems like you went thru match. did you interview at all those 27 places. that should have been really gruelling !! amazing.
@duloxetine
I can not comment about hole in my cv, but definitely I got a hole in my bank a/c Smile

Yes I travelled all the 27 IM + 3 Med /paeds (dropped Loyola Med/paeds IV as all the residents are AMG)
When I met double 99'ers with STEP3 scores in most IVs during early IV season, my chances of prematch decreased.It worries you when all prematch positions are getting filled.I tried to buy time from PD's for reporting STEP 3 score in early Jan.
But becos of my travel to these 30 places , I need to give at the end of Feb after feeling confident I can pass (scored 88 in STEP3 and moreover the results were delayed this year.Got my result on Apr28,2010.Had tough time convincing my program for a H1 and finally they agreed).Since I could not prematch I need to interview all programs.

I matched in program which was my 4th IV .The program does not give prematches and goes for match. Had I known I matched in my 4th IV program,I could have dropped the 26 IV's and saved some money.Moreover I needed to travel from CA to East coast for all IV's.
Visa requiring IMG. >250 in 2 steps 90 in step 3. Strong research (7 good journal pubs and ) and no advanced degrees in the US. >100 apps - 13 interviews. matched to radiology at a top 10 program.
scores matter...although link helps big time!!! like my frnd with 3ple 99+us citizen+us degree just like u , got
got less dan 10 ivs...as u see...not much clear frame for matching!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »