Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alhumdullilah its 244/99 - neemhakeem
Alhumdullilah it™s a 244/99. Samo broke the news for me.Smile she has been my SP all thru step 2 ck and a great friend too. Besides my family, I owe this score to her too. jazakAllah dear.I have great support from my husband , who is also a great friend . Thanks to my father who pushed me to pursue my dream, his dream infact. Thanks to ammi for praying for me and taking care of my kids for me. let me take you through my CK journey.
Preparation time: 3 months and 18 days
I started my studies for step 2ck on 11th January™2010.The reason I remember the exact date is that I started studying with my SP(samo the great) on this date. I gave my step 1 on the 30th of December. We started with medicine and finished the first read in a month™s time. I did all Kaplan notes 3 times with the exception of medicine and Obs which is did 4 times. I signed up for usmleworld after completing my 2nd read. I did unused,untimed,timed q™s.i started with surgery q™s and then did all subjects 1 by 1. Towards the end I was mixing up 2-3 subjects and doing blocks in timed mode. After completing uworld the first time I got 72% cumulative. I did nbme 1 offline. Did the others NBME™S online:
NBME 2=700
NBME 3=630
NBME 4=650
UWSA=710 (it™s kinda funny that I did 2 blocks before the exam and other 2 after the exam. I was short of time and I had my MCCEE 2 days after CK so I thought I would do the 2 blocks after my ck for practice and I got this score.)
Exam Day:
Long day I should say. Take a good night™s sleep. I can™t stress this enough. Make sure you get one. Take plenty of food. You™ll be hungry for sure so don™t take the risk. Exam is doable. And yes some questions are lengthy but then they are dispersed though out the blocks so you will be able to manage your time well.
Now about study hours and motivation for studying I would say that you have got to find the motivation from within yourself. It might sound weird but that™s the way it is. You have to decide what you want. You have to raise you standards that you set for yourself . Nothing in possible without hard work and nothing is impossible with it. if you want a 99 go for it. You have to devise a plan of your own. Set yourself a time period or schedule a date and then sit down to study. Everyone is different and so you have to find what works for you. If you want to study alone, study alone.if you need an SP find one and you will be amazed by the number of great people you will find in this forum.
Now on a serious note I have seen people asking on this forum I can™t study this and I can™t study that. is there an easy way . can somebody tell me important topics for the exam. Listen to this guys! there is no easy way to success and there is no easy to get a good score on usmle. Ask yourself this question before you start studying, Do I really want this? Do I want to ace this exam? And most of all take this opportunity to cover up for the time you wasted in med school. I wasted a lot of time med school. I did. I never thought about how serious being a physician is. You know how it is specially in INDOPAK when you get in medical school you are already doctor sahib. And you so busy showing off to your relatives and friends that you got into medical school that you totally forget that this is a great responsibility that He has put on your shoulder. You have to take care of human beings, cure them with His help and ease their suffering. I mean do you think that™s easy.
Why I am saying this is I request you all my friends that while you study as if want to gain all the knowledge you need to help your patients in future. Because that is what we all want to do. Please don™t just think about scores. think beyond it.
And lastly, spread the goodness you have in you. Help others whenever you can and in whatever way you can.
Good luck for your endeavors and best wishes,
If you have any questions ,I™ll be glad to help but please don™t ask about the materials tested in exam I mean were there any ecg™s, derma pics,xrays, CT™s, MRI biostats etc. etc. you know very well these things are tested and everyone will get them in their exam just be familiar with them.
I have my CS on 1st june. If any of these words helped you please remember me in your prayers.
thankyou to the forum esp samomcos,okt3,fcbarcelona.thrombolyser, drfskhan.drbkc,drstrider,genraver,girls-interrupted,odin,dep,bloom,aaz,mos11,fowley9,fight4dream.match2011 for your contribution to the forum.

Congrats and good luck for CS as well
thanks to iqbalian,aaz,dr78, fight4dream,usmlechallenge.
thank you guys and good luck for you exams.
congratz!!!!!!
thats a gr8 score!very inspiring!
goodluck with ur cs ,i know u will rock :-)!
Congrats again! thanks for sharing your experience.

i have a few questions, if you can kindly help with them:
did you use master the boards and/or kaplan Qbank?
how many questions from UW did you try to do each day?
did you revise UW a second time or go back through the wrong/marked questions again?
Oh c'mon, u totally deserve this if not more.... the most hardworking persons i've come across after medschool are You and dr.bkc.
May Allah Ta'Ala bless you with more success.
samomcos>>>>thanks buddy.amin at your prayers..you are an inspiration for me Wink.i know you'll do great in your exam.
iqbalian>>>i used MTB as last minute revision.did it twice.i didnot use kaplan Qbank. when i started uworld i used to do atleast 2-3 blocks a day.i tried to do uworld the second time but couldn't do it completely.just did 3-4 blocks but i did do the genxaver notes which are really good if you want to revise uworld notes.
thanks a lot neemhakeem for the prompt reply. what are the genxaver notes? can you send them to me at drstruggle
congrats , u r an inspiration , thanks so much fr ure advice best of luck mashallah tabarakallah
Does genxaver notes contain pulmonary , endo and emergency medicine chapters or i have missing notes..any one
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »