Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some advise pls.. - rishanrishan
i got 86 in step 1 and 88 in step 2 ck . waiting for cs results.. do i have a chance of getting into either pedia or im? say i get some obse in im... how are my chances?
get a very good step 3 score and try IM and psych. obsie may not cut it for you. externship might. best wishes.
wat abt pedia?
peds has become quite competitive over the past few years so a relatively lower score might hurt. Also, the number is positions available for peds, I think, is much less than that in IM which is why chances in IM are greater than in peds. That said, with an externship and the right LORs, the story can be altogether different. best wishes.
HELP FOR OLD GRADS-(MULT Fails, etc)TongueGMS w/NO REQs
ALSO
-Rating USMLE Tutors/Easiest Res Pgms to Get into/
-Upgrade by Good Step 3 to get Residency
-Listings of Free UNIV IM/FM /PSYCH externships 1 -12 months

www. Imgusmleandresidency. blogspot. com (without spaces)

See this website for : the ˜real story™ behind IMGs' unique difficulties: a. Best USMLE preparation courses in terms of value and guaranteed outcomes b. Best type of non-commercial (FREE) university-based externships, their availabilities and locations c. Special discussions for "old grad-" IMGs, and those with multiple failures (i.e., LISTINGS OF THOSE FM, PSYCH, PRELIM SURG PROGRAMS that have NO GRAD DATE or USMLE Score /Attempts REQUIREMENTS) , and those that have taken more than 7 years in their steps d. How the latter may upgrade their applications through externships, good USMLE scores, etc e. The real meaning in (terms of residency application strength) of a USMLE applicant who scores 99 vs an 85 vs a 78; how many interviews does each of these categories truly receive? f. Which is the best back-up degree for someone who may not get a residency in the US (i.e., NOT MPH or nursing! instead- MBA or JD if good English skills).
i think you have good chances in IM
try to get some observership and externsip , try to fill out the gaps in your CV after your graduations
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »