Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is IV contrast pre medication? - raja10015
anybody, please
i thinking u posting rong section in righte form. this sectioning is about residentcy and matcing.
iv antihistamines and steroids
iv contrast premedication is lots of fluids either orally or IV . Usually before IV contrast one has to do Sr creatinine to see if kidney function is normal. If normal, give lots of fluids orally and then go for Iv contrast. Contrast can precipitate renal dysfunction.
mach, again u r close, u know many things, I like that, it seems u r only one who is here and know, but u need to tell more details, give the name and dosage, I am ur nurse, order me.

surgery2010, premeds mean anaphyaxis in here.
Adult (PO)
· 50mg PO Prednisone 13hr, 7hr, and 1hr prior to exam time
· 50 mg PO or IM Benadryl 1 hr prior to exam time

Adult (IV)

· Solu-Medrol 40mg IV 12 hours and 2 hours prior to exam
· 50 mg IM or 25mg IV Benadryl 1 hr prior to exam time
Pediatrics
o Prednisone 1mg /kg PO 24 hours, 12 hours and 1 hour prior to study (not more than 50mg)
o Prednisone 1mg /kg 12 hours prior to study
o Benedryl 1mg/kg 1 hour before the study
*Note: Ask your attending or chief for the meds and management in your department.
hydration usually IV fluids if pt is inpatient before procedure, mucomyst 600 mg 2 days day before and 2 doses on procedure day, hydration after procedure.
DUDE, you are posting in the WRONG section. STOP flooding this section and got to the Step 3 section.

Moderators, block this idiot.
There are too many jerk ppl in this forum, they have OCD and have to read every single post here and leave something unrelate post.

This subject is for reidency and internship, it is a practical term, not at all belong to step3.

washingtonmanual,
thanks, perfect answer.

tipusmle,
your answer is correct for renal protection, b4 IV contrast, not for anaphylaxis.

Thanks you all to answer these qs
Washingtonmanual,

You copied this from EZ pass clinical rotations, page 23!!!
Do you know $1 of seeling of each ez pass book donates to poorest children in the world?
so think what you did and please lock this post.
Please respect copyright materials.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »