Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done with the Exam - m.saeed
My experience was not different from the previous notes written by the folks who took the exam.
Most of the questions were Medicine I would say 50%.
many Qs about mechanism of the diseases.
Mode of action of drugs
I can say 30 % of the r strait forward ,20% I do not know what they r talking about, the other 50% need to read the q twice to verify what they mount, I got 3 slides pure histology ,a lot of pharmacology
The Qs were very long I would say the only that came close to their length was Kaplan's simulated exam Cd.
i miss 4 q in 1st block may be I™m slow in 1st one but the other blocks I finished almost with time
Surgey was also there mostly trauma cases and few General Surgery Qs, I felt that Surgery was pretty straightforward maybe because it was cleverly covered in Kaplan's surgery book.
Many Psychiatry Qs were vague and twisted
I had very few Qs in Epidemology 4-5 only
very few Derma Qs I got flustered by some of the Ophthalmology Qs and by a couple of Geriatrics Qs so please try to know what™s normal for people > 80yrs.
Medicine: lots of cardio,Resp,Endocrine,Gi and integration Qs mostly lengthy Qs,forgot to mention infectious dz were heavily tested, Nephrolgy esp. electrolytes were there in every block and some of them were really tough. Got V. few Qs on ethics they r clear
Got 4 ECGs one of them the picture was not clear I think I answered this q wrong
I felt I did v. bad in 1st block and and last block when I started I felt that it was suicidal!. believe me I could answer none of the first 5Qs on that block
I general the exam was almost same as UW , harder than NBME much harder than Kaplan
my UW=63.25
NBME 2=590
Kaplan book=74
and bank 75%
Kaplan Simulated 73
USMLE CD40,41,38

Thanks to all
i hope I pass this exam INSHA ALLAH
god bless you. goo luck
thanx for sharing. your q bank scores are excellent wish u a 99. can u tell me what u used for medicine besides kaplan and one more thing, is it a good idea to start uw after 1st readung of kaplan.
wish u best of luck
hey M. Saeed!

i remember your first post here a few months ago. we started studying at the same time.

i'm sure you did great on the exam....just try to chill and do the things you haven't
been doing for the past few months.

i'm taking my exam on Tuesday.

cheers!
revo
Thanks 4 thinking on us!
Wish you amazing sore (according to your nbme's score you'll get it)!
Hi saeed,
What kind of infectious disease q did you get?
Hard work brings success so be happy. Relax and wait for a good score.
best wishes,
"knowledge"
thanks jabeenzohra ,knowledge,mcris ,revo ,asekra2001 ,mdfriend
I used KAPLAN notes I reviewed them twice then I start to listen to The DVDs I Know few of them r useless like neurology and boring like surgery dvds but I enforce myself to listen to them my advice with Kaplan notes u have to see the dvds specially internal med. (Except neurology) Obgyn and psychiatry. (for neurology I used 1st aid with neurology chapter in kap. Notes) r enough
With them I did qs daily 2 block start from kaplan bank. Book, UW I finished uw I week before the exam but u have to study the qs specially UW, (who they build the q) believe me u will see the same type of qs in the real one.
More than 10% of my exam q from step one pure histology ,pharma, and genetics mode of transmission of disease .

to revo , i hope i read good experiance in this exam from u next weak
Ahla Saeed,

Mabrouk, you are done I wish you good luck for your score, do you think kaplan DVD are enough for the exam I don't have the notes?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »