Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@ applicant guide or any kind veteran pls - fight4dream
my creds-- 9 yr gradn date ,need visa,no USCE yet,step1 mid 80s,cs passed,doing MO job in India...
Ck in was in Aug...but thinking of postponing ck to OCt end due to low UW scores...

is it possible and worthwhile to apply this yr psych or FM match or i shud apply next yr.My CK results will be availble by mid NOV...

are LORs needed on 1st sept or can i upload LORs by mid Nov(when my ck result will b avlbl)?

god bless u for helping people....
it is all up to u. to be honest, slim chance with 9yr grad and mid 80s, and no ck..no usce..need visa.
most of programs need u to be ecfmg certified=>means passed ck.
even if u apply next yr=>no one can say for sure ..it is pretty much like a game and u got to play it at ur best. gl
one of the attendings teached me something, if you have the money, JUST DO IT, and when you do it, play it safely, on 1st september whatever scores or letters, and if you were not lucky this year you are gaining some experience, apply the next year with USCE.
@applicantguide
i think one of your attendings 'taught' you something..
and by the way that was really crap advice.. in life u need a balance between optimism and realism.. no CK (=no ECFMG certification), no USCE, low step 1, 9 years grad, visa required --> won't get u far this year.. so unless u have a few thousand dollars lying around, then don't go for this year's match.. over the next year get a good CK score, do as many observerships/externships as u can, and then apply and hope for the best
Don't apply this year. your graduation is a bit problematic - you need the best application you can get - I would wait for the ECFMG certificate. If you can get some US experience and show that you have practiced medicine since graduation - you have a chance. The match process is very expensive. I did it once unprepared and lost about 4000$ which I could really use right now...

read more at mdtousa.blogspot.com
thanks a lot John,AG,fob, family...God bless u....
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »