Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
@ cardio 80..doubt - drvrs
Hi i hv my xm in August and can u plz tell me ,if a female pt is sexually active only with his husband then should we ask about STD,HIV Safe sex etc or not,i m confused
any one plz....................
hi drvrs, good question, I think you should not ask this female patient about STD, HIV etc as you should take focused history in the exam. Look for additional signs like multiple partners, homosexual sex or IV drugs do not waste time on irrelevant questions and you will not have much time. The time management is the key in this exam.............. good luck
I think we can ask: have u ever been tested for std?

she could have std before and it an affect her health
@ kompetitive_inhibito thanks ,but pt. is already saying sexually active only with husband,so i think we should not ask in h/o ,but we r not sure of husband ,so i m confused wheather to ask about STD/HIV or not ,if so then we hv to ask & may be as hv u ever been tested for STD/HIV.what do u say? i hv encountered many such pt. while taking h/o .
yes dr vrs thats what I meant look for additional signs, such as h/o STD etc etc
good luck
I am really sorry for the late reply...

If a female is sexually active with her husband only then No need to ask about other things just stop there and ask other questions.. This is what kaplan told us .. And this is what i did in the exam too...
never do that , its doubting and offensive to the patient
How about in fa-case #33? Do i need ask STD, HIV....?

thanks...
I am sorry can u specilfy the case, I don't have my first aid with me..
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »