Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Done! - ayash
Just got back from the exam guys. Just wanted to say to all those hard working people. Keep studying you'll be fine. The exam isn't that difficult. UW + RR + FA is the master triplet. Know those cold and you'll do well.
and what about KAPLAN?? You dont need Kaplan??
hi

wow wee im so excited for you, congrats on that Smile

any input on genetics calculations and biostat calculations ?
hi congratulation, how was your preparation,how long?and your nmbe score.i will apreciated your response.
waooo
hey what FA means please spell it
Thanks guysSmile

I read kaplan towards the beginning of my study period, but contrary to many people I started doing UW questions very early. I think that helped me alot. My impression is get a foundation with kaplan, but know UW + RR gojian + First Aid (FA) cold, and you'll do well. I started studying since november 2009. I only took NBME 3 in april and I scored 580.

The biostat questikns weren't that difficult. If you want to do good on biostats, than I suggest you do the USMLEWorld biostats. Its very good.
thnx for ur feedback..so everything was covered in all these 3?? did u c some syndromes which u had never heard before?!
wht about the lenghth of the mcqs?? did u get enuf time..plz tell in detail..
besides these i m doing kaplan qbank..is it good to do ,or waste of time..plz tell
ayash, please let us know more details like in the past 3-4 months did you have to revise kaplan? or did you just do a rapid reading of kaplan at the beginning alone?

Did you see all or some kaplan videos? Other than UW ,FA, RR, is there any kaplan material or q bank that you feel is absolutely necessary for feeling confident in the exam?

I had a different plan initially that I will do only UW , FA thoroughly well ( since I have finished step 2 a year ago) and giving the exam, but after seeing nbme score being not satisfatory 35-38/50 in every block in nbme 1 & 2 offline, I have revised my plan and I am currently doing goljan RR. Later want to do all kaplan books, but I am feeling so overwhelmed by the volume of study.

Please give your valuable advise. Any input will be appreciated by all.
Really glad to see that you are releived to have done it well. I sincerely hope for a high score to you.Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »