Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 1 75 7th attempt step 2 80 what r my chances - eraj
Dear friends,
Do not disappointed, I know two IMGs with scores 75/76 in their 2nd and 3rd attempts and now one of them is completing his cardiology fellowship in a university-based hospital and the other one got an internal medicine residency in a good hospital in CA. Both of them had some research backgrounds in the US. No one can tell you how could be your chance, just try your best , pray and don't give up.
good luck.
thanks guys for all your suggestions and advice
Actually i used to read the forums since i was attempting step 1 and all of them used to stay a score of 92,95,97,99 and the big QUESTION would be what r the chances with 90s as a score,that would make me depressed,so i thought of breaking the ice by saying that there some who r struggling,and may be way behind in the race,will they cross the rope or keep running for a long time no one knows,all there is hope and good people who could help u and encourage u.
Again i must thank docos and spiderman for there intial advices and for others stepping up and saying they have attemptstoo with me.Thats the reality folks and we got to face it and beat it.
At the end i love to go into internal medicine,it was always my dream but as the options are tightening and settling for psycho or patho hurts .
i will continue to share in this box till i get the residency and get the help or help to the best i can to all those who are in the same shoes as i am,that includes your e mail too somboy.take care guys and plz help us out.god bless all of us.
its been a few days and i am still trying to find the programmes that have the lowest requirement of scores,can anybody give me a list of these programmes it will really help me.or if there are any free sites that will give me the details,i would really appreciate it.
thank you
can any one mail me the list of hospital that do not require high scores and do not see attempts plz
my e mail add is erajsahil
can someone mail me the fmg friendly lists plz at erajsahil
log in to ERAS http://www.aamc.org/audienceeras.htm click on your preferred programs and residency. look into their info. click on website or call them then ask. i know the "easiest" way is to have somebody supply you something but nothing beats actual confirmation.
eraj,

i know there are a lot of us in the same boat. its just that this site often posts 90's score. true or not it can be intimidating for us "low scorers". But dont lose hope.

one day when i finally get accepted into a program i will post my story to serve as inspiration.
eraj best is u phone them by taking phone number from aamc site
thank you guys for your suggestions

any ways did anyone with low scores got an interview yet..plz let me know if u did
how r things guys anyone lucky yet to get interviews
plz let me know
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »