Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
step 1 75 7th attempt step 2 80 what r my chances - eraj
Hi all,
Glad to join this discussion.
I am in the similar situation. I was graduated in 1990. But I will try hard!
Anyone want to share the experience how to find a program? Like what programs we should apply?
Good luck to all of us!
Hi everybody,

I am old graduate (96), Green Card, clinical research for three years at a University program, several attempts in the steps.. step 1 (5th)80, step 2 (4th) 82, I feel embarrassed for that.
Do I have any chance to get a residency? in which state? Thanks. GL
i think this year is gonna be the same

plz pray as last month is on the way

Excuse me for pointing this out. According my rotation experience with PDs, any 3rd attempt on any part of USMLE is a big no-no. Actually, they only are willing to forgive one failure in a total of three attempts for both step 1 and 2. The reason is people with so multiple attempts have a tendency to create more problems later on in residency. I think your best solution is to do a rotation and get acquaint with the program or get a graduate degree in a top university.
Couple things you can do:

1) The only way to get into residency is get to know PDs well, personally, do a lot of research, maybe publish something, but you have to esteblish close relationship with people who make decisions withing program (PD, Chairman)

On paper your application will never cut it - this has nothing to do with your personally, but when programs get 30-100 applications for every single position they have (including the LEAST popular gettos) , there is no way you will get invited to an interview based on your application, no way...don't get any illusions...developing connections is the only way..

2) Apply to Osteopatic school - they have 3-yr programs for foreign MDs - I know a lady who had a couple attempts on each step, tried to get into residency 2 years in a row, even got interviews ( through connections, research/volunteer work) did not match and eventually decided to go back to school - next year she has pretty much guarantied spot as US Grad...
eraj i ahve been reading this for a long time now and while all the people are giving u good advice, i would say dont give up trying. i have 75 75 on each step with step1 passed in 2nd attempt and step2 in third attempt.cs in 2nd attempt. i have one year of externship and am a us citizen. i already have 7 interviews . i dont know how those are going to turn up and i dont know if i am going to match but still, dont loose hope. while trying to get some experience try to apply to as many programs as u can. gl
i am truley inspired by ur spirts, this is reality, all the rest is b**l s**t ,this 90 scores are all,pompus ,self loving people, eraj i appreciate ur courage and hope u are spreading to others,and every one else also sheading down their fears and comming out so honestly, if there is once in a while few people like u in this forum ,this forum wont be a disssapointment .go on ,i wish u all the best for all ur endeavers , ur messsages are really heart touching and they inspired me stirred ahope in me
thanks
u really inspired me.arise,awake stop not till the gole is reached.GL.
Keep fighting. Get some US experience.
I know women who took step1 5times and step2 4 times (score in 70th) and done with residency already.
But she has US experience. So get some volunteering.
My husband is a 3rd year resident and Iam waiting fo rthe result of the last exam.
Before he aplly for residency he was volunteering at UCLA for almost 2 years.
No one wanted to give him that volunteering job, so many times he got rejected.But he was persistent and keep going there and one day one of the doctors decide to take him.
Please , do not give up. Try to pass Step3.
Life is hard. Goog luck.
Eraj I sent you an email, lets help each other since we are in the same situation. Thank you to all the people who tell us not to give up..if somebody knows about people who got residencies with several attempts, I will really appreciate if you can give us the name of the programs to apply to. GL to everybody
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »