Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LORs and ECFMG certificate - yangu
If My LORs are sent out at the end of this month, would I be able to send out application on Sep 1st? I took CK on July 6th, Can I get the ECFMG certificate on time?
Hi yangu:
I have the same question.....Is it necessary to have certificate before being able to apply and how long it takes for the recommendations to be uploaded.
By the wy, I also took my CK on July 6th. What do you think about the exam, questions, time and difficulty? any thoughts..
I think the questions were durable. the time is too long! It seems harder than NMBE, what do u think, na00229?
Usually takes around a month for your LORs to show up on ERAS.
Since you took your exam on July 6th- you will probably be ECFMG certified by August- mid.
Do not submit your ERAS profile (application) unless you get ECFMG certified. It is not that you cannot, but once you submit the profile you cannot modify it!
You can apply to programs without ECFMG certification- but only to those programs that DO NOT require ECFMG certification at the time of application.
Thanks, dr_painkiller. I will wait until I get the certificate
Wrong!!
You will still be able to modify/update your profile after having submitted it initially. This is not true for the CAF.
so, I should start to work on my porfile after all?
you can update ur ecfmg status any time start working on your profile and send ur documents by july 30th .
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »