Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carls Personal Statement services - carl_med
Hi everyone,

Its another hectic application season and I am sure you guys have the ball rolling by now as far as getting your applications ready. Of course, Personal statement is a major part of your arsenal and even though it may seem repetitive its importance cannot be underscored...so get it right and get it professional...

I have been providing editing/writing services for two years now...last year was very busy season for me and I had several happy clients. Well, this year it should not be any different and I would be glad to provide my services to anyone who is having a trouble dealing with this very important part of the application..

My editing services would include complete satisfactory editing of the draft which you provide me and my writing services would include making a fresh unique statement specific to your profile...I have already begun writing statements as I write this mail and want to assure you guys that I will be taking in more but limited amount of writing projects in the next month or so...I really would want to focus on individual profiles and provide the best services to anyone who asks for my help.

So do not hesitate to contact me at the earliest...my email id is carl.smith30
Thank you and gud luck for the match..

Carl
Guys be aware of this guy called carl!!!!! He is a big bug claiming to do what he cant do. He deceived me, pasted below are some of his correspondence with me, after paying him, he will send you a thousand excuses for delay until when you are fed up. Check below before you decide to make him richer

Dear Carl,

Greetings.

I got your contacts from one of my colleagues. I need help wit a personal
statement for residency (pediatric) and family medicine..But I have no idea
on how to begin.
Pls let me know if you will have time to help.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Carl Smith wrote:

Yes I can help

I will need your resume and some information about your interest in the subject or any life experiences you had

If you can provide me with this I can work on the statements this weekend and give it to you

I take payments via paypal and I will start working as soon as I get the information and the payment reciept for the payment

I would charge 79 for each statement

Thank you. Let me know when ready

Carl

Sent from my iPhone

Hello XXXX,

Your eCheck payment of $69.00 USD to Carl Smith (carl.smith30) is in progress. eChecks usually take 3-5 business days to process (estimated: 11/9/2009-11/12/2009). We advise merchants not to ship items until they receive payment.

It usually takes 3-5 business days for an eCheck payment to clear.

If you are purchasing an item to be shipped, your seller may not ship it until the funds have cleared.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in the Recent Activity list on your Account Overview.

Payment details
Amount: $69.00 USD
Transaction Date: Nov 4, 2009
Transaction ID: 26Y78199YD078562X

Subject: You've got money!

Hello xxxxx,

Your eCheck payment of $69.00 USD to carl.smith30 has been deposited into your recipient's account.

Transaction ID: 26Y78199YD078562X

eChecks usually take 3-5 business days to process.

Thanks,

PayPal

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 2:29 PM, Carl Smith wrote:

Hi

I am sorry but the price I offered you is itself a discounted price since I am taking 79-99 dollars for making statements at this point of time.

So I think 69 is a pretty reasonable price for the work.

I take payments via paypal. My ID for paypal is Carl.smith30

I will start working on it as soon as i get the payment reciept.

Thank you

Carl

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2009, at 12:55 PM, Hilda Kabali wrote:

> Hello Carl Smith,
> Greetings.
> 1. Do you offer discount for personal statement?
> 2. How do I do the payment? Pls give me instruction
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Carl Smith wrote:
>
> Yes I can help
>
> I will need your resume and some information about your interest in the subject or any life experiences you had
>
> If you can provide me with this I can work on the statements this weekend and give it to you
>
>
> I take payments via paypal and I will start working as soon as I get the information and the payment reciept for the payment
>
> I would charge 69 for each statement
>
> Thank you. Let me know when ready
>
> Carl
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>
> On Oct 2, 2009, at 12:50 PM, Hilda Kabali wrote:
>

hi Carl, did you receive the payment i sent you?
when are you going to work on it?
- Show quoted text -

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Carl Smith wrote:

Yes I can help

I will need your resume and some information about your interest in the subject or any life experiences you had

If you can provide me with this I can work on the statements this weekend and give it to you

I take payments via paypal and I will start working as soon as I get the information and the payment reciept for the payment

I would charge 69 for each statement

Carl

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 2, 2009, at 12:50 PM, Hilda Kabali wrote:

Dear Carl,

Greetings.

I got your contacts from one of my colleagues. I need help wit a personal
statement for residency (pediatric) and family medicine..But I have no idea
on how to begin.
Pls let me know if you will have time to help.

xxxx

- Show quoted text -

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 4:28 PM, xxxx wrote:

HI CARL SMITH
I HOPE SO FAR EVERYTHING IS WORKING WELL FOR YOU A YOUR SPIRIT DEEMS YOU.
PLEASE TAKE THIS EMAIL SERIOUSLY AS I WILL NEVER SEND YOU ANOTHER ONE.
I AM REQUESTING TO TO REFUND THE WHOLE AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT I PAID YOU
FOR THE PERSONAL STATEMENT OMETHING YOU KNOW FOR SURE YOU HAD NO
INTENTION OF DOING OTHER THAN GETTING QUICK MONEY. I GIVE YOU 48 HOURS ACT (REFUND)
AS I DON'T NEED YOU HELP ANYMORE OR OTHERWISE I SWEAR TO YOU I WILL COMMAND
MY ELDERS TO INFLICT VUDU IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE AND FAMILY, MAY CALLAMITIES FOLLOW YOU
ONE AFTER ANOTHER WHEN THE DEADLINE I GIVE YOU HAS PASSED , MAY
YOUR LIFE BE FILLED WITH MISFORTUNE UNTIL WHEN YOU CURSE THE DAY YOU WERE BORN
I SEAL THIS EMAIL IN THE NAME OF MASTER OF THE VUDU OF EVILS.
READ AMEN FOR YOU ARE ALREADY POSSESED.

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 10:45 PM, xxxxwrote:

I know I'm bothering you and sorry for that. Are you still working on my PS? I wish to apply to some programs before the deadline, so I just don't know
--
n Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Carl Smith wrote:

Yes I can help

I would charge 69 for each statement

Carl

Sent from my iPhone

MR CARL SMITH DEFEND YOURSELF. DO YOU REMEMBER MY WORDS?? I WILL PUBLICIZE YOU!!!!THIS IS THE END OF YOUR STEALING FROM INNOCENT PEOPLE
Amazing...I didn't know I had enemies..

Well, this person just repeated one of my mails to her repeatedly....and somehow mysteriously she did not mention the replies I sent her Smile

And by the way, I did send her the statement on nov 19th--- it was a little late, I honestly agree to it but then I did explain it to her..Now I see why she is so upset..looks like somehow she didn't receive my mails after the 19th of Nov as I was sending her mails for input on the statement and she never replied...but sometime in Jan she sent me a mail with curses..I was like, what the heck happened??? why is someone cursing me so bad...I replied to her curses asking her what happened...guess what..no reply until I see this today...really amazing.

Well, at least I understand now..may be you should check your junk or spam mail HK..you might find your statement in there ....lemme repeat the date and time

Thursday, 11/19/2009 at 3.32 PM That was when I sent your statement..its too late for the 2009 season by the way Smile

One more thing. If I had to decieve people here why would I even start writing statements. And please, people who were really happy with my services, where have they all gone???

nobody replies at this point of time..but thats fine. I really do not have to defend anything here as I know I haven't done anything wrong...so suit yourself.

Seriously, I do not have to do this personal statement writing. It is in no means my primary source of earning...(if anyone thought so, thats sad) ..I am a happy resident and I had been doing this only to help you guys out and of course why would anybody do it for no charge?? That would be ridiculous and that is a big red flag.

Whatever..I had been honest to my clients and all of them know it..if people contact me, I am ready to help them..otherwise I have a life unlike HK who wants to throw dust on someone who HAS helped her out.

Carl

guys, you can learn more about writing personal statements and residency application below.

put your info together and if english is not your native language get somebody else to take a look at your ps

good luck

http://www.scramblemd.com/Residencytips.html
Hi Carl,
Sorry for that. I never received the email, maybe it went into junk.
With a copy you emailed today I'm thrilled, you are a good writer.
I strongly recommend you.

Members of the forum, forget about the previous comment. He is brilliant, so please trust him.
He emailed me the copy of ps he edited last year, which I never received then, am delighted with his work.
:'D

you carl could be amazing in Broadway
try it !
All you rumor monger, prophet of doom and phd (pull him down) holders should stop this bad trends. If some of you can't afford his service just shut up, get a dictionary, sit down and write your PS and stop polluting this space.

I have just received my personal statement from Carl Smith and this chap did a fantastic job in less than a week. He is very skilled and gifted in letter writing. He was initially going to do it under 3days but took a week which is understandable. He has got a full time job and only does this as a part time.

I would recommend him again again and again.....
There should be no excuses when working on a personal statement. The application period is no time to cause further stress upon a doctor, especially when he/she is counting on their personal statement.

I write full time. That is my day job. If my clients aren't satisfied, I get no business. I like how Carl mentions having had a busy year last year... and that he served a FEW clients.

I served hundreds. And of those hundreds many were referrals. You don't get referrals by stringing along doctors with excuses about why your personal statement is late.

People... YES, you doctors... when you are communicating with a vendor, particularly a writer, the proof is in the pudding. There should be no errors in the writer's email. For the email is representative of the writers' ability to author your personal statement. Spelling and grammar errors in an email communication? You can expect them on your personal statement.

Finally, I can't understand for the life of me, why you doctors want to pay the absolute lowest price for assistance on your personal statement. For crying out loud! I see Kaplan assistance for 14 Grand $$$, I see books, and tapes, and everything else designed to assist in matching you.

But when it comes to the personal statement everyone wants it for near free. Kick it up a notch, fee-wise, and you might be surprised by the results.

I tell you... I didn't go shopping for a surgeon with the lowest price...

Best wishes to all during this busy season.
Some guidelines for Personal Statements include:

ERAS allows personal statements up to 28,000 characters (8 pages); however, personal statements greater than 3,500 characters (one page) may be ignored or viewed unfavorably.
Multiple personal statements can be written to allow for program-specific submissions.
Draft the personal statement in a word processing software (i.e, Microsoft Word) to give yourself an opportunity to edit and use tools like spell check. Cut and paste your final copy into ERAS.
After you have pasted your personal statement into ERAS, but before you assign it to any programs, print a copy to make certain the conversion did not create any spacing or character problems.
The final version should be no larger than one page in 11 or 12 point font. However, it should fill at least ¾ of the page or it may appear that you do not have much to say.
Your personal statement must be grammatically perfect.
Do not overuse the pronoun "I." Avoid "bragging." Do not use superlatives (very, really).
Rely on several people to give critical reviews.
Do not simply rehash your Curriculum Vitae in paragraph form.
Use this as an opportunity to display your personality, not your accomplishments.
It should be unique, and interesting. Imagine having to read 400 personal statements that all say "I have wanted to be a doctor ever since I saw a doctor treat...."
The first paragraph must both grab the reader's attention and compel them to read more or clearly state why you want to match into the specific field.
If your first paragraph does not clearly state why you want to match in the specific field, the last paragraph should.
Consider using stories to highlight your strongest points. Rather than claim to be a good listener, tell a story about a resident who praised your listening skills. Readers remember stories much longer than they remember facts and statements.
Include details in your story to give them life.
This may be a good place to address any areas of concern in your record. If you want to do this, be careful not to sound defensive or victimized.
Do not beg and plead.
Do not flatter.

Make sure that every sentence adds to your overall message.
Stay away from the draft for at least a week between revisions.
Ask several colleagues to proof for content.
Ask several skilled people to proof for grammar.

GL

Medhelp Team

For PS, CV, LOR

medhelp@live.com
Personal Statement Review and Assessment - FREE

Between Friday and Noon yesterday I reviewed and assessed over 45 personal statements (Thank you to the doctors for their patience). While this coming week finds my calendar near booked, I welcome the continued opportunity to review and assess your personal statements.

I have no "team". I outsource nothing. My "day job" is writing, full-time,and often up to 15 hours per day in the heavy seasons. I only take on as much work as I personally can handle, as I won't compromise the quality of my work just to sign more work than I can handle.

Originating your personal statement is stressful enough without having to worry about delays from your writer/assistants end. If your writer/assistant tells you a process will take "from X to X business days", then you should be assured everything will fall into place. You don't need the added stress of delays.

I welcome the opportunity to assist you with your personal statement. My directory information is available via my website. That includes my telephone number. I am transparent. My company name is MY name.

jim AT jamespshelley DOT com

www DOT jamespshelley DOT com
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »