Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaplan does it's Ebay sweep... - drknightrider
I tried innocently selling my step 1 books and it got YANKED off! I know why...Because Kaplan has stupid rules that their books are not to be resold yada yada. GIIMIE A BREAK! I spend $1000s on their courses and they have to steal pennies from the poor man's hand?! (that's me!) They actually pay money to have someone "search" for this? I understand they want to crack down on illegal materials but PLEASE...My books are my property thank you very much and if I choose to use them, sell them, eat them or burn them that should be my choice! I am going to talk to my lawyer buddies about this! I commend them for making such a great educational resource but this is crossing the line. They want to enforce an unfair monoply over everything. They're all about money and they are robbing us doctors blind. Since these are considered "lecture books" and not real textbooks they can stretch the law to cover them. Well Kaplan, I was a fool before but you won't get a dime out of me again. And I WILL pass USMLE without feeding money into your greedy mouth.
I can top that. I was selling material that I had purchased on ebay in the first place, not only was that withdrawn so were all my other auctions (for non-medical related household stuff) and my account suspended! With the puchline that I still had to pay the ebay listing fees for items they chose to withdraw overzealously!
WHAAAT? THey can't do that! I hate when the big corporations push their weight around and think they can get away with anything. Again I say, I wish I was a lawyer and I could talk with my feet on sound ground. Here they are trying to label DOCTORS as some kind of thieves! Get a life! EBay has to succumb for fear of lawsuits that they don't want to be caught in the middle of. But I didn't have to still pay fees! That's just plain wrong. They shouldn't be charging you unless it sold.
Well you have to pay a listing fee to ebay and then an extra fee if it sells, and as you have to register your debit card, then take it automatically. Little fish in a very big pond scenario
Yeah they have that stupid "insertion fee" and other nonsense but when they pulled my auction, they didn't charge me. They shouldn't be charging you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »