Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
want to share my experience - laurier
hey Laurier, thanks so much for your feedback and congratulations!!

just wondering, could you forward me NBME 3 and 4 offline please? my address is mikedaspawn

Thanks
Mike
hey Laurier, thanks so much for your feedback and congratulations!!

just wondering, could you forward me NBME 3 and 4 offline please? my address is mikedaspawn

Thanks
Mike
hey Laurier... Thanks for sharing ur experience.. i also gave my ck last week.. although i found the question to be very lengthly esp psychiatry... now im preparing for cs and QE1... can u pls tell me if my ck prep is enough for QE1 or do i need to open up TN or do another Q bank.. any advise will be highly appreciated as i dont know how to proceed and i dont have time and stamina to do anything extra... can also email me any past paper u might have... thanks i.lo_ol and Good luck on ur score.. tc

@ amafat and goout
how is ur prep for QE1 going.. are u guys doing TN.. please share ur study material... i also want appear for session... thankz
@ gout: for qe 1 i just worked on old papers, as there is not enough resources as in USMLE, i'm sending you all what i have, so check your email, thank you for your advise, now i decided to take step 1,

@ mikedaspaw: check your email
@rizzz: you can take qe1 after CK, but you need to work on some area, like biostatic and ethics, as 25% of questions are from ethics, and are not as easy as in CK, i found qe1 more difficult, the questions are very short comparing to CK, average 2 or 3 lines, but the time is very short, you dont have a lot of time to think, this for the morning part, in 2nd part in the afternoon it's more complicated CDM, you have enough time i found the questions not clear, but you can ansewer according to youor experience and your knowledge, franckly i didn't like the canadian exam, also the other thing is you dont have break as much as you want like in CK, you have to complete 3 and a half an hour without break, same for the 4th hours of the afternoon, if you go to the toilette the time stay running, so yo have to think twice before you decide to go to the toilette.

for your preparation i think yo need to go through TN, it will be easier for you as you did CK, but you will find some differences, for ethics do TN and kaplan ethics, for biostatic do TN,

But i can say the exam is doable, you just need to prepare well for it.

check your email, i'm sending you all the materials you need,

good luck
@rizz: i tried several times to send you alll materials, sometimes i recieved failure notice, did you recieve the materials, let me know, if not give another email like gmail to send them again.

Heyhey,Canadian team,
I am more focusing on prep ck than qe1.
I read some TN. it's well written--comprehensive, but VERY DRY....and not many well-orgnized qbank avaliable as ck. so i was kind of stucked and decided to go to ck first instead.
We should definitely keep in touch and encourage each other. here is my email: gooutforfreshair@ymail.com.
i don't really have any futher material other than TN now. but if i have, i will share with you guys.

GL
@laurier
thanks i got ur email... its q bank right ?.... thanks for ur advice i will definitely do TN but only for selective stuff like ethics, preventive med, public health, family med and etc what do u think ? and do u think the questions u have emailed are enough for practice or should i buy online bank? thanks again

@ goout
i agree.. we should motivate each other... it long road bumpy road... let me know when u start ur prep for QE1... i currently studying for cs then i start with QE1... when will this be over Sad
@goout:i'm sending you meterials for QE 1, good luck
@laurier: it would be to do all topics in TN, even if you just scan them quiquely, because they ask about many things, dont forget gyn peds and psy they like these topics, when you do as much as possible of canadian exam you will be familiar of there style of questions, and the points they ask frequently about,

i didn't buy online qbank i just did the questions i have. in my opinion do first all questions avalaible and at the end if you feel like you want more practice, buy the online questions.

i agree it's a bumpy road, but we have to believe that this is worth, we are in the right road, and we will reach our goal at anytime certainly soon because we are determined.

good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »