Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maimonides observership - dazed77
Hello everyone!

I know the intensity is increasing here with application season in full swing.. Good luck to all!!

I would like to know if there is anyone here who has done an observership at Maimonides in Brooklyn? I will be starting next week, and I have no clue about the hours, days, nature, best way to get an LoR etc. I am in a bit of a time crunch so would appreciate your feedback.

For those of you who are interested in an observership there, there is a long wait. I called them (the volunteer department) in January and they told me to call back in 3 months. So now I an finally starting. Aside from that you submit documents as you would for residency, plus medical. You will have a brief interview with the director of volunteer services after everything is processed. They take a max of 5 observers per month.

Thanks and I appreciate your responses!
hi,
sorry bt can u just tell me hw i can apply for observership in the hospital...because i tried a lot bt i couldnt able to find it..so plzzzz guide me if possible..
thanx a lot...
hi
i have been tryin g in the same hospital but icouldnot find anything
can u plz help to get contact and how to apply
This is not an observership position. This is a volunteer position.
You go thru the department of volunteer.
They take you if you are a green card holder or a citizen.
They run a criminal background check on you.
Letter of references and medical clearance /TB .
During the summer , they have a lot of high school student who work as volunteer as part of their community services for their school education.
When the high school student go back to school in Fall, that is when vacancy open up.
thanks mykawaiigirl
but how do i get the application or directly go to the department with my doc
can u plz help me

call the volunteer department and ask for an application.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »