Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS passers please respond - rachel
Out of 12 cases -
one case the bell rung as I was explaining the DDs
second case had no clue what was going on, made all the DDs wrong, forget to counsel
third case- made the diagnosis completely wrong, the bell rang while I was doing the physical. it was a neuro case and I didnt do a single neuro exam, and the neuro diagnosis was not my list!!
rest of cases - I think I did fine except for minor mistakes in which I forgot counselling
in some cases (3-4) my first diagnosis doesn't seem to be the most probabale one, 2nd or 3rd seem to be correct when i thought later
What are my chances to pass?
Thanks

Rachel
If you want the my real opinion straight up: It dont look too good.

Of course it depends on a lot of things: How is are your english skills? Do you communicate well? Did you feel like your history taking was done well?

You should know that two cases are not graded on the CS exam.

Best of luck though, when did you take the exam? Took me 9 weeks to get the passing score report.
rachel, dont worry to much. If you want my honest opinion, everybody who just take the Step 2 CS think they fail. So you are not an isolated case. Then everybody realized that it was not worth the worry after all because most passed this exam.

The most important thing in the step 2 CS is you were able to extract the problem from the SP and you were able to put into words (the patients problem) by writing your notes. You are not expected to know how to diagnose, treat, and counsel the patient because thats why you are going to residency. If you already know how to diagnose, treat and counsel your patient then you dont have to do residency and most of all you dont need to take the usmle. so dont worry about it. As long as you were able to extract the history, do the pertinent PE and you were able to write your notes correctly, you ll pass the exam. so the chances are high.
God speed. From what country are you?
Hi Fred and MD,

Thank you for your quick responses.
I am from Romania.
Well, I think was english was good, as none except one of the SPs asked me to repeat 3-4 questions, was comfortable with their information and history.
cs test a lot of things excpt diagnosis. i have heard people passing with big blunders. while you have made are mistakes. dont worry.
Hi Rachel,
I'm from Romania too; tell me where did you take the exam? Philadelphia?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »