Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the decision whom to send an IV - suicidalidea
the decision whom to send an IV is based on scores grad year etc or they scanning our applications based also on LORs that we have?

i mean they use LORs to make they final decisions after the interview months or they looak at our LOrs even before sending IVs?
SI,

Most programs do have a filter for sure for scores, visa needs, grad years, AMG vs IMG or Caribbean school..then it comes to "supporting documents." I think they look at LORs before the IVs as other supporting documents. Others?
You are absolutely correct, dear Pahology, on the filter part, but they only look at NUMBER of LORs before IVs are scheduled (to satisfy their checklist if the file is completed or not), and LORs are given to the interviewers before the actual encounters...
Just to clarify this issue...
E.
thanks guys

so the US LORS or USCE in your CAF will not help you to get more IVs, right?
well... just to be polite and to say safely... may help... a little...
But they will definitely be helpful during IVs and for the ranking!
well erg

then they would send 600-700 IVs which is not the case, if they dont screen by LOrs.

i mean may be 60% of IMG have scores 85 and abobe and no attempts, then all of them should receive IV invitatins
SI,

scores 85 and above usually dont apply to IMGs...Programs look for higher scores from IMGs...also visa, USCE are important...is there any PDs out there to contribute into this discussion?...we are just speculating here..

applicantguide ?
correct, can anyone give some reliable answer, since this is very important.
@pahology11 My credential 92/89/Passed [All first attempt]/Visa needed. Do you think by having these scores I can be filtered badly for Psychiatry programs?

Thanks
My credential 92/89/Passed [All first attempt]/Visa needed. Do you think by having these scores I can be filtered badly for Psychiatry programs?

Thanks
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »