Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ERAS-Training - immuno
Under training, for IMG with one year of internship( we call it internship in our country, and here its residency), so under training should we put that? As I did during ECFMG application. Now, in this area they ask for specialty, in my case or many others like me, there are 2 specialties, such as Medicine and gyne/obs. And we put the name of professor under supervisor. What to put in program director?
Are you guys leaving it blank or filling that up? Please help. anyone pathology or anyone?
anyone?
program director is the women or mostly men who is the like director of the program. you guys might call it chair, chairman, chairwoman. director...whatever you call it, write the name of that person.
if u r frm india, then lemme clarify, internship in india is not residency.
if u have done postgraduation o(M.d) which is 3 years, thats what is residency...
internship is part of education because we dont ger MBBS degree without it!
dear friend

the PD KNOWS what exactly house surgency in INDIA means....also called CRRI...they come across 100s of indian applications every year...dont commit the blunder of teaching the PD (as my friend did last year) that crri in india = PGY1 in usa....
wow, I am glad Indians are here...see I was giving somewhat unintended wrong answer. may be immuno is from another country where she did internship in a residency. is it the case, immuno?
hey smoke mle.. can you please elaborate more? seems u have better idea about this house staff ship an equivalent work in the US. so u mean housestaffship is NOT residency, i meant house staff ship, not internship . Am I right? does your friend have some official feedback on it? Thanks.
ok, I am not from India, but we dont need 1 year internship for degree, because they give the degree right away. So, after we get the degree, few of my classmates came here without that 1 year internship and got into residency here. And for me and others, who completed 1 year internship,got a license to practice over there, which is renewed every 5 years.

Actually we need that 1 year internship for practicing over there, degree is given prior to that. So, I guess, I have no one with me on this here. But by no means I intend to fool PDs, my intention is to type all information accurately.

Thanks your input, if anyone has similar situation, feel free to comment.
immuno

i am with you on this internship thing, it is not required for degree in my country,so i put it in work experience section.
Does this mean that indian applicants put internship under education ? Please clarify
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »