Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBME 4-2-45QQQQQQQQ plz EXPLAIN.......... - joyy25
I expect some explaination with ur ans.. plz help here...

45. A 20-year-old woman feel sad, cries occasionally, and doubts her ability to take care of her healthy 3-day-old newborn. She has started to breastfeed, and her sleep and appetite are normal. Which of the following is the most likely explanation for her feelings?

A) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood
B) Brief reactive psychosis
C) Major depressive episode
D) Normal reaction to birth
E) Pospartum pituitary necrosis

Thank you.
DDDDDDDD
I am also feeling DDDD as ans but ans key says CCCC

Anyone can plz tell how it will be CCCC??????????

brief explaination...

Answer is C. this is Postpartum depression(baby blue), it doesn't occur to all women after birth, so it can not be normal reaction to birth.
@ olukayode68

but baby blue and major depressive disorder r different..

here option is not having baby blue and baby blue start few days of postpartum

and major depressive disorder after few weeks of post partum

and here she is 3 DAYS of postpartum in QQQ

So i don't think major depressive disorder as ans

Please reply...
what about this olukayode68?????????
@joyy25
This question says which of the following is most likely explanation for her feelings?

the closest answer from the given option is C. Normally, Women don't cry or feel sad

after the birth of their babies, but when it occurs, they call it postpartum depression.
most female experience this kind of features like given in Q..due to hormonal changes

additionally Q stem clearly says that her appetite and sleep is normal.... so depression we can rule out????

@joyy25,

Maybe we can rule out major depression due to her normal appetite and sleep, however,

there is element of depression in this woman. The question says she feels sad, and she

cries "ocassionaly", and ( she doubt her ability to takecare of her healthy baby - this means

she feels worthlessness of herself). Thus, if we rule out major depression, then option A

should be the answer, if not, the qustion is not good.
@joyy25,
just check the question from nbme form 4, the answer is marked as A. A is the corret answer
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »