Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can someone advice me.. - stevenv624
Hi everyone, i have been studying off and on since 2005. Last yr i took step one and failed it with a 73. Since then i have been studying of FA, Goljan RR pathology ( i actually read it once, ). I have done Kaplan qbank about 3 times and UW about 3 times. Uhm, in march i took NBME 7 nd i failed, i scored a 330 (185 USMLE).. today i took it again (NBME #7) and i also failed it with a 320 (183 in USMLE) i really don't know what to do, i study from 7am -10;30pm. i have gone over FA, on the wed i always go over biochem, micro, immune nd BS . This has been such a long journey. if their is any one that can provide me with any good advice, PLease do so thank u
Someone please, give ur opinion..
Someone please, give ur opinion..
My exam date is for Sept. 30th, should i extend it, or do i still have time to boost up my grade?
I am no expert but I think.. U shud go over NBME 7 again.. take 1 Q at a time.. and ask yourself.. why u got it wrong..?? what u know and what u dont know in that Question. make a written analysis of it ... do it for all 200 Q.. u will figure out where are u going wrong.. take a nbme again .. btw.. did u do UW..? u shud be thorough in that too. gud luck. dont take the test again without any visible proof of nbme or UW score. goodluck.
I am no expert but I think.. U shud go over NBME 7 again.. take 1 Q at a time.. and ask yourself.. why u got it wrong..?? what u know and what u dont know in that Question. make a written analysis of it ... do it for all 200 Q.. u will figure out where are u going wrong.. take a nbme again .. btw.. did u do UW..? u shud be thorough in that too. gud luck. dont take the test again without any visible proof of nbme or UW score. goodluck.
I bealive that you are lacking some basic concepts,as well as you have a problem applying the knowledge with the multiple choice questions.I strongelly bealive that you need to study for concepts ,not how many time you read the book..I am not sure if you can accomplish your goal by september.It is how you study..This is my honest opinion..
Cio
Jovanat
I bealive that you are lacking some basic concepts,as well as you have a problem applying the knowledge with the multiple choice questions.I strongelly bealive that you need to study for concepts ,not how many time you read the book..I am not sure if you can accomplish your goal by september.It is how you study..This is my honest opinion..
Cio
Jovanat
I think you need to meet with a counselor or adviser, You might have to see if there are any faults in your study plan. You seem like a very smart guy, but how come you are struggling to pass after having done Kaplan and Uworld 3 times? Are you reading the question and understanding the concepts? or are you just zooming past it in order to complete the check marks in the box?

plus you've been studying on and off since 2005? I am sure work and other things can interfere, but usually its good to be consistent with your studies that way the concepts stick in your head. Becuase between 2005 and now, 5 years later I am sure you forgot many of the things you learned! I am struggling to relearn the anatomy that I took 2 years ago!! lol so I can imagine for you must be difficult to recall stuff from 2005.

Maybe you should consider taking a review course? They are usually quite costly but I know they are helpful in providing students with some guidance and roadmaps of how to study. Oh and by the way Doctors in Training, the website of the same folks who wrote first aid, does have different study plans and layouts and a 30 min tutorial free for students. consider checking it out Smile www.doctorsintraining.com

Ultimately we are all on the same boat here lol first few attempts at studying are very adhoc trying out random things in a trial and error fashion until finally something works lol

Good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »