Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please HELP!!! - confused77
Hello everyone..have been following this forum and found is very useful so i thought of putting forth my problem

I am a non citizen IMG and will be needing visa. I have applied on the 1st of sept.. My stats are
step 1-189/77 (first attempt)
step 2 ck -221/95 (first attempt)
step 2 cs - passed (first attempt)
graduated 2 months ago from med school.
2 months of electives in america in pediatrics at a university hospital with strong LORs. Worked on a paper as well at that hospital, which will be getting published soon.
Presently working on a research project in pediatrics in my home country.
3 publications in reputed internantional journals.
could someone please tell me about my chances in pediatrics since that is what i always wanted to do?
what are my chances of getting interviews with such a profile??
unfortunately, this site is only visited by struggling imgs and they have no clue what excatly a program wants
drssp is right. are u trying to feel good about yourself especially in front of people who have graduated 6 or 7 years ago. of course u have good chance especially with us elective and publications.
Of course my intention was not to feel good about myself by putting someone else down. I just feel like my extremely low step 1 score can be a very big problem and am depressed about it. So i thought i could get some insight into it. I just want to know how bleak my shot is and what else i can do to improve my chances ??
i think you have a good shot at getting in confused. Your recent grad and externship makes you a good candidate.
GL.
u need step 3 for visa, 77 on step 1 might reduce a number of IVs. if you need visa, it is better to have great creds There are a lot of AMGs apply for peds (they take 70% of slots, compare to FM ~ 50%)
i agree.. i guess the number of 99ers has increased so much lately that i feel i'm doomed! what should be the number of progs i should apply to approximately so that i atleast get one or two ivs??
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »