Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IS it groundhogs day again ? - ascalapius
Its another 'what are my chances ?'. I applied to 98 programs ( ERAS-cha'ching!)

Step 1 - 95
Step 2 - 88
CSA - Pass ( 2nd attempt )
Visa - Green Card
6 years UK experience ( MRCP +)
Grad 2001 India

the lower CK and CS scores were because i was ambivalent at the time about coming to the US. I was happy in the UK. My reasons for coming here are personal so please dont flame me for my move.

What are my chances ??

if they dont 'filter you off', a pretty good chance i would say.
Thank u. I am getting nervous. No replies fromy applcns. I am wondering what's going on. No rejection letters as yet so that's good. It is nerve wracking not having control.
how many progs did u apply to? i applied 50 IM only
my credentials:http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=531652
similar UK exp and MRCP but low step1, im on J2
got 1 rej CCF, florida
sorry ..saw 98
CCF i assume is cleveland clinic florida. I applied there but havent received a rejection as of yet (waiting for it). I note that they do mention CS on 1st attempt. I applied anyways. Hope struggles afloat, you see.

I had a look at your creds. I have to say, they look competitive.VERY competitive.

did you call each hospital's PC toverify if they would consider your applicn ?

Thats right.just looked at criteria on the program websites..how abt you? With ur good step 1scores u could afford to apply more I guess. where did u graduate in India? me too graduate from India (Bangalore).
I graduated from Mangalore in 2001. I was wondering when you applied. I applied on Sept 3rd, maybe 4th. I haent received anything cept from pinnacle health which states that they have downloaded my applcn.

I am a little concerned with NO messages at all.
applied on 1st Sept..i too received Pinnacle health msg ..dont worry i think they reviewed applications from 1st sept and sent rejs.
Ah. so my rejection is yet to come. Maybe by Sept 12th ( latest).Listen i am on USMLE Forum . My email is aminsharieff
Would you be interested in joining up and 'friend'ing me ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »